Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Dean Anderson is to launch Halo 3 in Dublin on Tuesday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 andrewsqual

Because I am going and I don't have any love for Halo whatsoever or McGuyver. Also it isn't in St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre but you are close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I thought it happened last night?

And big gay btw!
    I wanna meet MacGyver :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Because I am going and I don't have any love for Halo whatsoever or McGuyver. Also it isn't in St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre but you are close.

The staff of Gamestop in Stephen's Green don't share your attitude.
    Where is it taking place then, smarty pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

senordingdong,

Ignore him. The launch party is taking place somewhere else but that's invitation only. The thing you're thinking of is the Gamestop launch at midnight in the Stephen's Green store. That's not invite only, I don't think you even need a pre-order to go (not 100% on that bit though, but they're open till 10 so you could always pop in to pre-order earlier).

They'll apparantly have a DJ and prizes to give away in a draw, but I'm not sure if Richard Dean Anderson will be there, some suggest he might pop in but it's not definite.

Ah yeah, I rang them.
    They said that it's going around but they have no official confirmation and as such they don't want to tell people he will be there.
    She said it will be fun anyway so no harm in going along.

...now all I need is a 360...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye the launch party is somewhere else, but i dont understand why that person registered and his first post was to attempt to annoy you by saying he does not like halo or mcgyver. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ProAntix

...If we all turn up they'll have to let us in. Confirmed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Hope some1 brought a Camera. Ah well, atlantis out on Friday I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭lego

I was at the launch party, he didn't turn up.
    He's staying at the Merrion Hotel (on the same street as the houses of the Oireachtas), apparently he was wrecked and the launch appearance wasn't part of his contractual obligations, so he didn't bother coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

He wasn't there but i did get a free Halo pen and a redbull..... >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭paulie13

Launch party was pretty poor I have to say.

Most people had to stand around waiting for someone on the couches to give up their seat before they could play the game.

I dont know what TV screens they were using, but the game definately looked better on some than on others.

Overall, I wasnt blown away by the graphics I have to say

Was at the cinema and popped over to Stephen's Green afterwards, stuck around for about ten minutes but it became obvious he wasn't gonna be there so we left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

When i came into work today it turned out someone in my job didnt go i coullda got 4 passes to the launch party and i didnt know till today, ah well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

EA Sports launched FIFA 08 in Krystle. Lots of free drink. Had an invite but couldn't make it.
    No MacGyver there either!!!!

The launch party was very poor. Bar the copious amounts of free alcohol there was'nt muct to recommend. I did get quite a few laughs out of watching some old guy try and play Halo.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Not long now. Anyone have easy access to a storage container for a few hours?

:rolleyes:

And some people were wondering why he wasn't there.

monument wrote:

Was it because he heard you would be in attendance..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

monument wrote:

Mr Anderson is wary of meeting fans of Stargate and McGuyver at organised events, he used to do McGuyver conventions but had bad experiences with fans at them, he was groped (something that has happened to Michael Shanks at SFX: the Event and which Michael wasn't happy about) and apparently some loon tried to stab him.

The bit on the Simpsons about him attending a Stargate convention is untrue, he wouldn't do an event of that size. He did do an event last year with Amanda Tapping, she has been doing events with them for the last two years and she persuaded him to do an event with her, there was only about 250 attendees, it was a one-day event, it was £350, he only brought pre-signed autographs and it sold out very quickly.

EDIT BELOW:

Okay, I checked the event website, I was wrong about the price and it being a one-day event and about the number of attendees.

It was £230, the event was being run over three days and there were 580 attendees in total.

From the event website:

Included as part of their ticket price, each ticket holder will be entitled to:
    * a moderated Q&A session with Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping
    * a "Meet the Guests" coffee morning or afternoon tea where Richard and Amanda will circulate the tables and chat to small groups of fans informally
    * a group shot photo session with both actors
    * a charity auction with both actors
    * a pre-signed photograph of both actors
    * a specially commissioned Avalon 2006 memento
    * a sight-seeing tour with fellow fans
    Accomodation and travel to and from the venue is NOT included in the ticket price

Also from the event website:

Each attendee will spend a half day (either morning or afternoon) at our principle venue in the company of our special guests and no more than 120 fellow fans. In the evening the fans from both morning and afternoon sessions will join together to enjoy a charity auction with the actors at our secondary venue which is only a stone's throw away.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Demonique wrote:
    Mr Anderson is wary of meeting fans of Stargate and McGuyver at organised events...

From crazies, to people who think it is their god given right to get anything signed by any actor/etc, I wouldn't blame him.

I guess by saying the above I might even be annoying some of the people Anderson wishes to avoid.
    Was it because he heard you would be in attendance..:)

Please remind me what you had in your bag.

I recall him saying to Ray D'arcy that he didn't like them because they were so impersonal.
    I wonder what would happend if I showed up at his door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

does anyone have the podcast / interview from the Ray D'arcy show?

I think it's on the today fm site.

They are on rdanderson.com.

Advertisement