Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a learner drive a Bros 400 CC?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

ninja900 wrote:
    This is cr*p, they have no way of knowing what the power output is before confiscating the bike. Unless they just lasered you doing 120MPH or something, in which case they would be entitled to a strong suspicion that the bike is unrestricted.
    Driving alongside them would suffice to quantify the speed of said vehicle.
    ninja900 wrote:
    Can anyone give us any evidence better than urban myth that this has (a) ever happened and (b) was legal? Because in the absence of both, it's just sh*te-talk.

FFS.
    nereid wrote:
    Cock!

I know 2 guards that have stopped kids in this manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,980 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

nereid wrote:
    Driving alongside them would suffice to quantify the speed of said vehicle.
    That proves nothing unless the speed was totally off the wall for a restricted bike. The restriction isn't one on speed or on acceleration. A full power GL1500 is legal on power-to-weight and can do 120MPH.

Most restricted bikes can do plenty illegal speeds anyway. If the gardai are going to seize a bike in a situation like this it will likely be on the grounds of a dangerous driving charge.
    I know 2 guards that have stopped kids in this manner.
    Were charges brought and what were they?
    I'm still calling urban myth unless the ONLY charge was breaking the restriction, and a conviction was secured.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement