Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VERY cheap Microsoft software, 80+% discount...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

hi all, im resurecting an old thread here, just came across this software4students website, it seems really cheap and genuine, but i figured id double check with some boardsie folks to make sure its all safe and legit before placing an order.
    so has anybody ever purchased from it and if so, did everything arrive,any rip offs etc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I ordered Office 2007 on Sept 4th and had it in my postbox on the 9th. No problems. :)

This recent Bargain Alert includes the experiences of other boardsies. http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055663753

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

thanks for the above link, it makes for good reading.think ill place my order so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

axer wrote: »
    While I agree with you that they should use open source software, I don't agree that they should be forced to do so.

Remove the waste of funds on software licences and hey presto the pencil pushers in collages will get them converted. The French government, police and judicial system are all on Linux for the last while and have freed themselves of the M$ tax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I have purchased numerous items from it over the last couple of years. The only problem I had was that one item didn't arrive as soon as everyone expected and as soon as I phoned they dispatched it again and it arrived the next day. Note that I am highlighting this as a positive thing, as in, their customer support was great and the issue was rectified promptly. The original order eventually arrived and had been delayed in the postal system, so that was not an issue with the website or the service they provide. Excellent website, excellent service, excellent prices. Happy days, go make your order!

Ro
    papagormo wrote: »
    hi all, im resurecting an old thread here, just came across this software4students website, it seems really cheap and genuine, but i figured id double check with some boardsie folks to make sure its all safe and legit before placing an order.
    so has anybody ever purchased from it and if so, did everything arrive,any rip offs etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Hillel

And as usual the open source zealots dive in to interrupt an unrelated thread. OO.o is muck, deal with it people! If there's a slower office suite around I haven't seen it. It's slow, java infested bloatware with a horrible UI.

Get off the boat! Open Office is an excellent program. For the vast majority of users it does everything required. Colleges could have the best of both worlds by insisting lecturers provide copies of course documentation in the ODF format which is 100% compatible with Open Office and is natively supported in Office 2007 when you install the most recent service pack.

The UI on Open Office is almost identical to MS Office 2003. It doesn't run any slower than MSOffice when working correctly. One reason for it to run slow is where the temp files in the Open Office directory are deleted. Google it, slow running Open Office can be fixed.

(Just setting the record straight... I use a wide range of MS Office applications, daily.)

Advertisement