Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 year old guy having sex with 16 year old girl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

what's wrong with a 54 year old riding a 48 year old? NOTHING
    so i don't see anything wrong with it...as long as they both want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hey... lets think of the children here..c'mon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Dodgy logic, a 6yr gap goes a bit further for teens.
    Perhaps the age difference should be an increasing percentage? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

to be honest i've always found people like that blogger to be the type that couldn't for the life of them pull a nice girl their own age and thus have to prey on young impressionable girls.

It reeks of desperation I mean put it this way were talking about a girl the same age as the girls going out on jc results night! if you heard a 22 year old say ''I'm going to scream at the point for the jc results to try have sex with some girls there'' what would you think

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

what's wrong with a 54 year old riding a 48 year old?
    Hey! some of us are tryin to eat here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

what's wrong with a 72 year old going out with a 60 year old?
    NOTHING
    so I don't see anything wrong with a 21 year old riding a 9 year old...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

That'll stand up in court! :D

If the girl encourages it, then its her fault

See attachment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Hahaha... was that an abandoned plot line from V for Vendetta?

Ha ha.
    what's wrong with a 72 year old going out with a 60 year old?
    NOTHING
    so I don't see anything wrong with a 21 year old riding a 9 year old...

Mathematical ethics; is there anything it can't justify?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I went to school in Belgium and a guy who was home schooled came to our class (he was 21)

He went out with a girl who was 15 ans when she was 16 they ****ed,

legally it was allright but he got a reputation as a paedo.

There was also a guy who was unable to get any girlfriends so started knocking boots with a gril 3 years below him.

The stigma was more " you can't get a girlfriend your age" than "your dating someone that age"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

No, you're not right to be angry. It's probably fictional (assuming it's not your own blog) and even if it's not, you don't know those people.

If you want to make a better life for your daughter be a better parent. Don't avoid the issue by getting angry at the sexual mores of other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

As I always say, never break the 2 year rule!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

As I always say, never break the 2 year rule!

Nah, its half your age plus 7 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

joe robot wrote:

What if your 60?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

37 :-d

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

When I was 24 I went out with a girl of 17, so I'd have to say its not a huge problem.
    If you daughter is only one and you're starting to think of this sort of stuff now, how paranoid are you going to be when she hits puberty!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

What if your 60?

Then you're f*ckin' lucky if you find someone that age! :D

joe robot wrote:

HHHmmm.
    That seems to work, must head back to the lab for more calculations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

16 is TOO YOUNG to be having sex - whether it's legal or not. A 16-year-old is a child, sex is an adult activity.
    And a 22-year-old MAN (a young man yes, but still a man) who feels compelled to go out with a child is just a saddo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

If there's no problem with a 60 year old going out with a 40 year old, then a 20 year old would not cause problems with... Wait a sec...:p

It's faulty logic. And in the main case, I don't think it's good enough. I don't see anything wrong with a 16 year old and up to a 19 year old having sex. 22 is I'm-finishing-college age.

• Advertisement

I'd disagree with a 19-year-old having sex with a 16-year-old. They 19-year-old can have sex with an 18-year-old or a 19-year-old. Why would they feel the need to shag a child?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Dudess wrote:
    I'd disagree with a 19-year-old having sex with a 16-year-old. They 19-year-old can have sex with an 18-year-old or a 19-year-old. Why would they feel the need to shag a child?
    What about a 17 year old?

I watched This is England tonight and watching the half-pint 12 year old boy kissing a 16 year old girl was so very, very weird.

I personally think under 18 is too young to be having sex. As I said, sex is an adult activity, only adults should be engaging in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭North&South

This is my 2nd day as a registered user, so I guess this post will be making me extremely unpopular already!

Anyhow, my youngest girl is 17 now, 18 in Feb. We live in the UK, & the legal age of consent is 16. That said, as in most places around the world, the kids usually don't wait for age of consent to start with their experimentation, and neither did my eldest or my youngest daughters. (I have 3 girls)

Anyhow, last year, my youngest had a bit of a crush on the guy next door - he has a couple of failed relationships behind him, but he was looking for a 'no-strings' type of relationship - he's definitely not in the marriage line!

Well, daughter was getting rather fed up with the young lads round here in general - they seem to think it's cool to get drunk most weekends & when they do get a girl, it's the lads wanting to move in together, have kids etc etc! Madam was really fed up with the immaturity, jealousy & 'fakeness' of the lads.

SO, she started seeing the guy next door - he was 30.
    All of this happened with our full knowledge - maybe not our total blessings, but I have never been one to lecture the kids, it just makes for mini rebels (talking from experience from MY teen years!)

Yes, some people we know disagree, but then others see nothing wrong with it. He is an immature 31 yr old now, where she is a very mature 17 yr old - I also am very lucky to have extremely open relationships with all my girls & NO subject is taboo in our house.
    Why would I let her do this? Well, it's a whole lot easier to give her advice & support & to be there for her when she knows that I am 'on her side', and to alienate her, or try to force her to do something MY way could quite possibly drive her off in the opposite direction.
    I made sure she is protected from pregnancy, and when we discuss the future, her main comment is 'I like him, Mum, but I don't LOVE him, we'll part when it's time'.

I'd rather share her life and experiences than have her move out & lose her as so many of her friends & their parents have done. And I would rather show her what unconditional love from a parent means too. Is he a paedo in my eyes? No, she's legally old enough..... but he doesn't deserve her, she's a knock out!
    That said, she is happy enough at the moment & that's all that matters. They both understand that this relationship is not for life - she says she won't be looking for a life partner until she's in her twenties with lots of experiences under her belt & I am rather proud of her maturity & responsibility.

It's best not to judge merely on the figures, but to assess when the situation arises.
    Anyhow, that's my opinion on this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That won't make you unpopular here at all.
    Fúck, if you're a trekkie, then you're alright with me.

Now, about this daughter of yours...

Terry wrote:
    That won't make you unpopular here at all.
    Fúck, if you're a trekkie, then you're alright with me.

Now, about this daughter of yours...
    Now then, TNG has to be the best, quickly followed by DS9... I was born in the same place as Deanna Troy.... (well, Marina Sirtis anyway!) hence the avatar chosen ;)

Anyhow.... the daughter is taken... but I have a rather nice 24yr old going spare.... 1 previous part time 'owner' 2 years ago.... she's moving with us out to Cork or maybe Galway in about 4 weeks, I'll put in a good word for yas! :D

Oh, my chance to go buy a hat finally beckons! Yay!!

the legal age of consent is 16.
    That does not make it ok - a 16-year-old is a child.
    That said, as in most places around the world, the kids usually don't wait for age of consent to start with their experimentation, and neither did my eldest or my youngest daughters. (I have 3 girls)
    That's a misconception and it causes teenagers to feel pressurised - "everyone's doing it so I'd better do it". It's the reason why I lost my virginity at 18 - I felt I had to catch up with my friends. I didn't actually want to do it, and if I had the time all over again, I would have left it another few years. Were you really ok with your underage daughters having sex/performing fellatio etc?
    Well, daughter was getting rather fed up with the young lads round here in general - they seem to think it's cool to get drunk most weekends
    A lot of kids have under-age sex because it's "cool" too.
    when they do get a girl, it's the lads wanting to move in together, have kids etc etc!
    Hardly.

As for a 31-year-old going out with a 17-year-old child - he obviously has issues. And probably has a great time boasting to his mates that he's "scored" a young one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Dudess wrote:
    As for a 31-year-old going out with a 17-year-old child - he obviously has issues. And probably has a great time boasting to his mates that he's "scored" a young one.
    My 32 year old friend impregnated a (then) 16 year old.
    Me and the rest of his friends were less than impressed with the fact he was with her in the first place.
    He told me last night that she want's a second child. The first one is only about 6 weeks old.
    I felt like kicking him right in the nuts to prevent him from doing it.

Dudess wrote:
    That does not make it ok - a 16-year-old is a child.
    That's a misconception and it causes teenagers to feel pressurised - "everyone's doing it so I'd better do it". It's the reason why I lost my virginity at 18 - I felt I had to catch up with my friends. I didn't actually want to do it, and if I had the time all over again, I would have left it another few years. Were you really ok with your underage daughters having sex/performing fellatio etc?
    A lot of kids have under-age sex because it's "cool" too.
    Hardly.
    Dudess, I really have to agree to disagree with you on a few points here - a 16 yr old is NOT necessarily a child - yes, some are - some aren't. You can marry at 16, have a child at 16, start working at 16. As in most things in life, each situation should be judged on its own merits.
    My 3 girls are all different, but my middle girl didn't start having sex until she was 19 - her choice. All 3 had information and support through their teen years and were given the freedom, confidence and guidance to make their own decisions.
    Yes, I was fine about my girls having under-age sex - mainly because I experienced a VERY controlling mother myself, and I never want my kids to hate me the way I despised my own mother. (Wouldn't have been so bad had I not known what she did as a young woman!) In the end, if she said 'walk left'... I'd RUN right, as quick and as far as possible, just to spite her. Very sad. The other point being that I would far rather know what they are up to & help them to make choices, than to share my life & home with 3 people I hardly know, who sneak behind my back.
    As for our experiences of lads, well yes actually, we've had some right clingy types, one lad approached hubby about getting engaged - on the 2nd date, would you believe! Needless to say, daughter dumped him double quick!
    And no, the boyfriend next door isn't a 'lad's lad' and we've never heard about him 'boasting'. He's a rather quiet type with a few close friends, and over the last 3 years that we've known him, we've found he has a decent work ethic, and he's clean & tidy - a community type of person, without being too invasive, if you know what I mean. OK, it might not be the type of relationship I would have chosen for her, but I see a lot lot worse on a daily basis in this area, and I'm very grateful that all 3 have grown up with self respect and independent minds.
    Julie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

personally i see no problem with it! (apart from the obvious legal issues)

i mean i'd prefer if it didnt happen but its not that bad.

Advertisement