Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely ridiculous speed limit sign

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Nothing wrong with policing the limits but why do they mostly enforce the limits on roads with heavy traffic volume such as the N11 or N4 rather than the roads where the accidents occur?

Gardaí enforce speed limits on busy roads as there is more people there that may be speeding. Even officer Barbrady would kop that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

corktina wrote:
    i don't see how anyone can construe a speed limit sign as evidence that the road is suitable for that speed....what if you were driving a truck or a double decker bus? it would have to mean the road was safe for that speed for them too.....it means parts of this road MAY be physically capable of being driven at speeds of more than 80k but you musnt do it.....after all there are plenty of Urban streets where it would be suicidal to do even 50k
    The point is that the road in question, and many roads like it throughout the country, is at no point suitable for driving at 80kmh by any vehicle. I have driven the entire length of the road and it is downright dangerous to go over 50kmh, never mind 80kmh.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,343 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The point is that the road in question, and many roads like it throughout the country, is at no point suitable for driving at 80kmh by any vehicle. I have driven the entire length of the road and it is downright dangerous to go over 50kmh, never mind 80kmh.
    Actually, what is the road and how is it treated in the speed limit bye-laws I linked to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Other road users are also responsible for their actions, drivers should not be expected to virtually stop everytime they pass another road user incase they do something stupid.
    Not stop, just slow down.

Spogpean wrote:
    See link attached. Now how in gods name can they have the same speed limit on this ****ty road as they do on the n4 past lucan!? only in ireland...

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=634

Just for the record, here is the UK equivilant!
    50MPH, YES!! can he do it! Yes he can! :D
    dscf0030~4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Haha, madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

Just for the record, here is the UK equivilant!
    50MPH, YES!! can he do it! Yes he can! :D

National speed limit is actually 60mph on a single-carriageway, even on one like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,440 ✭✭✭✭Alun

mackerski wrote:
    National speed limit is actually 60mph on a single-carriageway, even on one like that.
    As it was here in Ireland, just a short time ago. How soon we forget.

Advertisement