Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets Go Red Sox!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Excellent stuff!!! Brilliant comeback!!!

It's there for the taking now, just can't afford to mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Beckett or Schilling for WS MVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Washout wrote: »
    Beckett or Schilling for WS MVP?

Matt Holliday ;)

Well Josh Beckett has improved exceptionally over the past year and when he was needed to deliver he delivered.
    You take Curt Schilling then, a vetran of 42 (in Nov), a joy to watch, experienced, cool, calm and colective. This may be his last year.

Both guys have won WS MVP awards before for different teams. To be honest out of these 2 I would love to see Curt Schilling get it.

But in my opinion I think it should go to Kevin Youkilis. He s had an outstanding season and WS to date.

shapez wrote: »
    But in my opinion I think it should go to Kevin Youkilis. ...... WS to date.

Gettin a bit ahead of yerself there?!

• Advertisement

No, i don't think so. He's been consistant throughout and is one player that any team would want at 1st Base.

Read your post...you said the World Series MVP should go to him, and he's had a great World Series to date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

shapez wrote: »
    No, i don't think so. He's been consistant throughout and is one player that any team would want at 1st Base.
    zuutroy wrote: »
    Read your post...you said the World Series MVP should go to him, and he's had a great World Series to date!

shapez: I think Zuut is messing with you as Youk has been one of the stars of the ALDS and ALCS and helped BRS get INTO the WS. He is being very......eh.....eh......Zuut :rolleyes:;)

Well, not so much messing, as subtly pointing out that the WS MVP will go to the guy who plays best in the WS, and the season to date doesnt affect it. Also, I can think of plenty of better 1B than him. If memory serves me correctly he was pretty well detested by Red Sox fans not too long ago....what a fickle bunch!

Oh s***. My apologies!! Didn't have much sleep after the game last night!! :D

Yes, I see where everyone is coming from!! LOL

Anyway, I'll still stick with Yoouuk!! :D But, you'll never know, an unsung hero like Papelbon will step up to the task when in a bad patch!!!
    Yes, I remember fans giving out about him during the season. But, you don't have to look far, look at what Yankees fans were doing to A-Rod last season! And he comes out this season and plays some of the best baseball breaking records and making history all year.

I think Beckett may be starting Game 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 djf1970

Well, not so much messing, as subtly pointing out that the WS MVP will go to the guy who plays best in the WS, and the season to date doesnt affect it. Also, I can think of plenty of better 1B than him. If memory serves me correctly he was pretty well detested by Red Sox fans not too long ago....what a fickle bunch!

Kevin Youkilis is one of the most popular Red Sox. I have no idea where you got the idea otherwise.

djf1970 wrote: »
    Kevin Youkilis is one of the most popular Red Sox. I have no idea where you got the idea otherwise.

I didnt say he wasn't currently. I said a year or two ago I remember people calling for his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 djf1970

I didnt say he wasn't currently. I said a year or two ago I remember people calling for his head.

You're still very wrong. He was the most famous Sox prospect in years due to being featured in Moneyball. His average, OBP and OPS have all been great for a new player. He played 1st, 3rd & LF. Why would he be disliked?

Yes, I was looking through them and I think I'm confusing him with somebody else...now who it could be I dont know....someone traded from San Diego comes to mind...let me go digging.

EDIT: I think I got him mixed up with Bellhorn (I was half right on the SD thing!)...:D my apologies
    wiki wrote:
    In 2005, Bellhorn struggled, registering a lower batting average and dramatically increasing his strikeouts. The Red Sox eventually released Bellhorn after he broke his finger in a game and the fans were getting restless with his "non-production". Bellhorn signed with the Yankees days later. In 2006, he played for the San Diego Padres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Zuut...wrong....:eek::eek::eek:....say it aint so!!

;):D:p

Advertisement