Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 500gb External HDD 119.00 tescos

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jaquesp

i would not purchase electrical / computer goods in tesco again after my experience. i purchased a cheap 10 euro kettle 3 weeks ago tesco clonmel. it faulty had to keep button pressed down to boil. brought it back with recipt and spent half hour arguing. first girl said her one at home the same so it not faulty. supervisor came and wanted to bring it to staff canteen to do some test boils on it. what a carry on for 10 euro kettle. what if it a tv or dvd would they sit in canteen testing it. i did not know tesco staff were qualified to test electrical goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

That is disgraceful carry on! They should take a leaf out of Lidl's book!

Irrespective of the low price you paid, they have an obligation to ensure what they sell is in fit condition for sale. Have a look over on the Consumer forum for discussions on this type of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I was in PC World, Carrickmines and they are price matching tescos philips one

They are selling a 500gb Maxtor hard disk for the same price.

They've plenty of stock in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Tesco's lucan had 3 left last night, if you go in the main door look to your right and they are on the Top shelf of end stall facing u.

Snake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

500GB "SUMO" hard drive at argos for 119.99
    320GB for 99.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

Anyone know if these are still available anywhere in Dublin?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KnuckleSandwich

banchang wrote:
    I'd never touch a Seagate again - after 4 months the fan died & all my photos with it. trying to open it currently to recover.
    Damn Seagate, anything can kill 'em! Even a non-existant fan :D

They don't come with a fan, but one still killed it somehow! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

PC World also have seagate 500GB's for €124.99 from what I can see.

This one: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=333054

Along with the €119.99 Maxtor 500GB.

Good prices.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Peats are matching the Philips 500GB with their Iomega 500GB @ €119.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 conhoe

I bought a maxtor 500gb in pc world last week (119.00) and was busy all week filling it with stuff and it just crahed.:eek: It had lost its memory ,all 5oogb of it! I picked up the phillips one in tescos (119.00) and seems to going grand since. im a big phillips fan and have heard since of loads of maxtor products blowing up and crashing! So phillips all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

I have in the past found firewire to be much faster than usb2. If there is no difference in the price I would go with the firewire one.

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=22035&source=MDnewsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Correct. USB2 is theoretically faster than Firewire1 but tests show firewire faster in sustained transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Tesco's Lucan still have 3 of the Phillips units if anyone is interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 realcavanman

Good value in Argos, considering the strong STG/Euro rate.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6752266/Trail/searchtext%3EPHILIPS.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Good value in Argos, considering the strong STG/Euro rate.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6752266/Trail/searchtext%3EPHILIPS.htm
    Its a good price(£74.99) if you are near the border. Currently selling for €169.99 in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

That should be €95 at todays exchange rate, so it's €75 overpriced. Interesting idea JackieChan, I wonder whats the nearest Argos to the Border? I'd say there's probably one in Newry, Buttercrane??

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

newry same shopping centre as sainsburys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Oracle wrote: »
    That should be €95 at todays exchange rate, so it's €75 overpriced. Interesting idea JackieChan, I wonder whats the nearest Argos to the Border? I'd say there's probably one in Newry, Buttercrane??

Theres one in Enniskillen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks for the info, just handy to know, I might go up North soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement