Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italy v NZ Match Thread

Options
  • 08-09-2007 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭

Not looking good for the Italians, Kiwis scoring at will.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I sense a massacre here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ouch! 22-0

12minutes gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

29-0

15 minutes gone, conversion still to come!

Conversion added, 31-0

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anyone know if anyone's giving odds on a 100 point win?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

NZ to break 100 by the time this game is up. How crap are Italy?

[Edit] Could be nearer to 150 points

Jeeze, try number five ..this is going to be a massive victory.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Absolute massacre.

38-0

Havent even reached 20 minutes yet.

Refs having a good game, really allowing the use of advantage where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Is it just me or are Italy disgracefully bad. Totally not up for it. When you roll over like that you deserve a massacre.

• Advertisement

Is it just me or are Italy disgracefully bad. Totally not up for it. When you roll over like that you deserve a massacre.

Italy are poor, but no doubt in my mind its the Kiwi's skill making them look worse than they are.

Somethings not right here, NZ havent scored for 7 minutes :D

Tbh, New Zealand havent done anything outstanding or breathtaking, just picking off a very, very poor Italian side.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,234 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah now, they havent conceded in the last 6 minutes. Few knock ons that need to be sorted.

Whoops, another try scored

Gentlemen, we are witnessing a rugby master class, that last try was simply awsome.

Excellent try by Sivivatu.

Poor kick by Carter though, which is a rarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

now that was what you call a try.

carter missed the conversion :s

Well its gonna be over 50 before half time, I wonder how the watching Scots are feeling :) Sick to the core I would guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Italy are woeful! They deserve to be hammeered. 6 tries conceded in the first half an hour says it all.

Longfield wrote:
    Gentlemen, we are witnessing a rugby master class, that last try was simply awsome.

Ah now come on, true, the last try was a pleasure to watch but its hardly what Id call a master class. They are playing to their ability which, true, is probably greater than any other team in the tournament but they havent looked outstanding mainly because the dont have to look outstanding. Italy being piss poor has made New Zealand look better than they are playing. They've done their job without over doing it.

If I was a portuguese player I'd be heading to the Airport about now

• Advertisement

I have the way Italy sometimes dont even try against some teams. Argentina deserve to be in the 6 Nations before Italy. No pride whatsoever. no game plan, crap kicking, disinterested tackles. i really wanted to see italy doing well not so sure now. I bet scotland dont go out with that attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Forza!

edit: conversion scored.

43 - 7

Longfield wrote:

Master class? What are you on? It is Italy who are a disgrace and rolling over. It's thirty degrees and the All Blacks are not even sweating. I would prefer to see a team give it all for an hour and then capitulate to a superior team. Italy just don't care. I'm fuming at their terrible attitude and ineptitude. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Celebrating a try after going down 43 points? I'm embarrassed for Italy. They obviously don't want to be a great rugby nation. What's more worrying is that they should have beaten us last month.

As the ITV commentary said "Italy are better than this - they're better than 43 point to 7"

Attitude like this demeans both themselves and the tournament. I bet Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Canada and the US will give it their all against all opponents despite gulf in class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

This is no masterclass. This is the most downright, disinterested, lethargic, pathetic and hopelessly inept performance I have EVER seen from a team at this level. It is nothing short of disgraceful. I'm running out of superlatives to describe how angry I am with the Italians. Based on this they should be fcuked out of the 6 nations and replaced with the team that went to war last night. No need to name them. This is simply puke rugby, absolutely disgusting.

Unfortunately, I don't have Setanta and the RWC is not on RTE or BBC meaning I have to watch on ITV. Does anyone else find Murray Mexteth to be the most irritating man on the planet? Worthy of ITV. Condescending b*****d. Love NZ rugby, hate presumptuous idiots like him.

Inquitus wrote:
    If I was a portuguese player I'd be heading to the Airport about now

I know your saying that in a joking manner, but its so true. What will NZ learn by beating some team like that by about 200 points? Ah sure, Portugal will give it a lash.

Italy are playing decent rugby in 2 minute spells at times, some great handling play there a few minutes ago. I still think they'll get through the group.

Unfortunately, I don't have Setanta and the RWC is not on RTE or BBC meaning I have to watch on ITV. Does anyone else find Murray Mexteth to be the most irritating man on the planet? Worthy of ITV. Condescending b*****d. Love NZ rugby, hate presumptuous idiots like him.

Luckily I downloaded a QOTSA gig and was watching that with the television on mute for half time. I'm only watching on ITV cos I'm not bothered going to the other room to switch the digibox to Setanta from Sky News.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Jesus lads whats with all this uproar and call for the Italians to give up rugby? We all know they are a decent team but they are climbing a mountain here they were never ever going to keep up with the All Blacks. Now i do relise that the defence is shockingly bad but remember that France did the same to them in the 6N. They just cant keep up with the top 3 they dont have the backline for it. So give them a break Scotland will throw a 2nd tier team out and not want to even watch the match least the Italians gave it a shot

Advertisement