Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New trains on Dublin - Limerick route.

Options
  • 01-09-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if these have been rolled out yet? Starting back college next week and would like if they have disposed of some of the older models. I saw ad's back before summer mentioning August '07 as a date. Has this been kept to?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I've seen the new trains in Limerick, but not sure whether they were just doing test runs or if they were actually in service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I saw new trains there too before the summer, hoped they were the new trains and that they'd be ins service by now. However I read on another thread here that those trains are in Limerick just for testing or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There are new trains on the Dublin to Cork route, they are a year or two old.

The trains on test in Limerick are for the Sligo and Rosslare lines for this year. The new trains won't be on other routes till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Ah bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Erm. New Dub-Limerick trains are in place. Have gotten them several times.

2 hours to Limerick...fast stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Fajitas! wrote:
    Erm. New Dub-Limerick trains are in place. Have gotten them several times.

2 hours to Limerick...fast stuff.

No you havent. At best you've got the new, well, I say new, they're going over a year now, Cork train to the Junction. All the direict Limerick services are now Mark3 which if you've been only ever been using Mark 2's or cravens, seem like Condorde.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Take a look at this thread for more info on the new trains.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055141857

Advertisement