Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non- alcoholic beer

Options
  • 30-08-2007 5:29pm
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭


    I'm on a very healthy diet at the moment and I don't want to do anything to mess it up. Tonight the bouys are going out and I want to to.

    What's a good brand and does it make you dehydrated or anything?
    Tagged:


«13

Comments

  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi


    becks is the only widespread non alcoholic beer i think. tastes similar to stella imo.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias


    And a glass of water is not a viable option because?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez


    Non alcoholic Becks. Becks itself has naff all of those chemicals in it, and the non alcoholic one is nice enough.

    Only reason i know this is because i was served one by "accident". Lousy so and so's.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth


    Say you are the designated driver, you should get some for free.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime


    Personally, i think the becks stuff tastes like soap! The non-alchaholic Erdinger is the best on the market IMO.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth


    Argh yeh.. I drunkingly picked up about 10 becks non alcoholic.. God that was a kick in the teeth


  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion


    Get orange juice, you can't actually like the taste of beer? :-)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn


    JimiTime wrote:
    The non-alchaholic Erdinger is the best on the market IMO.

    Totally.


  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph


    This thread makes baby Jesus (and the BGRH Brethren) cry.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!


    And a glass of water is not a viable option because?

    Because he wants something that tastes like beer?

    "I can't drink Coke, but I like Cola drinks... what's an alternative?"
    "Fanta Lemon."


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89


    I'm on a very healthy diet at the moment and I don't want to do anything to mess it up. Tonight the bouys are going out and I want to to.

    What's a good brand and does it make you dehydrated or anything?

    Having a few beers tonight will do dam all to upset your healthy diet.However if you go for the takeaway afterwards and eat sh1t all day tomorrow when your hungover then it will mess things up.Go for it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76


    There is a non alcoholic Cobra beer which is quite nice too if you see it.

    I don't know why these non beers are so expensive either.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977


    non-alcoholic beer has to be the most pointless product ever invented. People don't drink beer because they like the taste :D

    OP are you a recovering alcoholic or something :confused:

    I suggest to try some of these non-alcoholic alternatives
    1.coke
    2.orange
    3.orange juice
    4.tomato juice
    5.club lemon
    6.cidona
    7.water (still and sparkling varieties available ;))


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight


    You could also get a pint of cordial.

    The vacuum and enzymatic techniques to remove alcohol from many low alcohol beers leave behind some of the oils and higher alcohols that contribute to hangovers.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad


    rossie1977 wrote:
    non-alcoholic beer has to be the most pointless product ever invented. People don't drink beer because they like the taste :D

    OP are you a recovering alcoholic or something :confused:

    I suggest to try some of these non-alcoholic alternatives
    1.coke
    2.orange
    3.orange juice
    4.tomato juice
    5.club lemon
    6.cidona
    7.water (still and sparkling varieties available ;))

    That's not true! I stopped drinking a while ago due to a serious realization that the world as it stands is messed up and that getting piss-drunk and being ignorant is not helping anything. I still go out all the time to pubs but get hassled by mates to drink all the time and the ridicule and persistence is ridiculous! So I have only 1-2 pints and drink 'em slow, although I'd rather not drink at all. It would be so much easier to have non-alcoholic beer to fake to my mates and stuff, but I've never seen it in any of the pubs I go to...



    Love & Peace! :cool:

    So Glad


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame


    Why? Just drink water/juice/diet 7up or something. What good is beer without the alcohol?? :rolleyes:


  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion


    So Glad wrote:
    That's not true! I stopped drinking a while ago due to a serious realization that the world as it stands is messed up and that getting piss-drunk and being ignorant is not helping anything. I still go out all the time to pubs but get hassled by mates to drink all the time and the ridicule and persistence is ridiculous! So I have only 1-2 pints and drink 'em slow, although I'd rather not drink at all. It would be so much easier to have non-alcoholic beer to fake to my mates and stuff, but I've never seen it in any of the pubs I go to...




    Love & Peace! :cool:



    So Glad

    If you don't want to drink then stuff your friends and what they think, don't be a pussy and hide it. You'll look even worse when they find out you're drinking non alcoholic beer.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad


    Oh! And I forgot to mention that I don't take in any suger, so Coke etc. is way out! All I can drink in pubs is water or bloody expensive juices, so I'm keeping my money and taking the water for free. Thank you very much!

    -10 points on coolness, but **** it! heheh



    Love & Peace!

    So Glad


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn


    rossie1977 wrote:
    non-alcoholic beer has to be the most pointless product ever invented. People don't drink beer because they like the taste :D

    Wrong.

    Some times I just want a beer and it has nothing to do with the alcohol content. I have bought erdinger non alcoholic beer because it tastes better then what else was on offer in a shop.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,943 ✭✭✭✭Stark


    So Glad wrote:
    Oh! And I forgot to mention that I don't take in any suger, so Coke etc. is way out! All I can drink in pubs is water or bloody expensive juices, so I'm keeping my money and taking the water for free. Thank you very much!

    -10 points on coolness, but **** it! heheh


    Non alcoholic beer has the same simple sugars like maltose that normal beer has. Also, I had a few bottles of non-alcoholic Becks one night and I woke up with a worse hangover than I usually get from drinking normal beer. I haven't noticed problems from non-alcoholic Erdinger though.

    ⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil


    rossie1977 wrote:
    non-alcoholic beer has to be the most pointless product ever invented. People don't drink beer because they like the taste :D

    Typical bloody Irish mentality. Everyone just drinks beer to get pissed. Can't even imagine that people might like the taste of the stuff.

    I suppose I should stop wasting my time importing distinctive hops and formulating recipes for quality beers. After all, apparently I don't drink it because I like the taste. I should just get some cheap vodka instead. Less trouble and cheaper.

    I had a beer with my dinner last night and that single beer was all I had yesterday. Why did I do that if I don't like the taste?


  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion


    yes, yopu like beer. I know a lot of people that don't like it and just srink it to get drunk. Horses, of courses.


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight


    Typical bloody Irish mentality. Everyone just drinks beer to get pissed. Can't even imagine that people might like the taste of the stuff.
    Just to clarify.
    People who drink beer do so for the taste but those who drink lager do so to get drunk. :D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy


    The non alcoholic Cobra Indian beer (comes in a green bottle) is about the best i've come across but it's not that common. At least it's packaged differently to the alcoholic version unlike Becks, i've a story of some idiot drinking the wrong one by mistake and his car outside. Beck's NA is p1ss in my opinion but usually is the only option in a lot of pubs. Not a fan of the weiss beers myself so would tend to avoid Erdinger but each to their own.

    What ever happened Kaliber?


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight


    tippbhoy wrote:
    The non alcoholic Cobra Indian beer
    Cobra "Indian" beer

    it's about as genuine as a Ploughmans Lunch


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious


    Cobra "Indian" beer

    it's about as genuine as a Ploughmans Lunch

    So are most of the gassy yellow stuff served in irish pubs


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy


    Cobra "Indian" beer

    it's about as genuine as a Ploughmans Lunch

    :rolleyes:

    Budweiser - "beechwood aged" in St James Gate

    the list is endless


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious


    tippbhoy wrote:
    :rolleyes:

    Budweiser - "beechwood aged" in St James Gate

    the list is endless

    You know they boil the Beachwood in caustic soda to remove and flavor, it’s just really just a platform to speed up the flocculation of the yeast and increases the maturing of the beer

    Apparently Anheuser-Busch did some researcher a few years ago and found that steel cubes are more efficient but the marketing department objected as they would not be able to put Beachwood aged on the label


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_


    Non alcoholic beer is like going down on your sister.

    It tatses the same, but it's just wrong.

    (With humble thanks to lolocaust).


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut


    tippbhoy wrote:
    Budweiser - "beechwood aged" in St James Gate
    Kilkenny, ackshooly, AFAIK.


Advertisement