Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you routinly kill small insects?

Options
  • 28-08-2007 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

Usually when I am the computer, I find myself pestered by these small organisms they call "insects".
    If they continually persist in annoying me by buzzing around and landing on my desk and presumably ****ting on my possessions such as my monitor, I must admit I do not hesitate in killing these little flying/crawling bastards:mad:

Do you find yourself hesitant towards mashing these critters into pulp, or do you routinely perform the task lightly even with a nice hint of sadism?
    I believe I am somewhere in the middle :/
    btw, Dont worry, I have included the obligatory Atari Jaguar option.

killing insects is: 113 votes

Evil/morally wrong
    0%
    justifiable in some situations
    8%
    JoeSchmoebeansTar.Aldarionmdebetskjtroberta cTony DanzaNature BoythefinalstageGwenivere 10 votes
    justifiable in absolutely every situation
    47%
    StephenBossArkyLex_DiamondsgurramokCreatureRabiestwandatuxyWossackdarkmaster2passiveTzetzemonkeyfudgejester77Kingp35fortunegStimpyonestakeyCiaran500The Bollox 54 votes
    Atari Jaguar ftw!
    43%
    Tazzleneuro-praxisazezilcournionilaykeBeruthielBigCondougalSteve_ojobonarmobbyUser45701thelordofcheeseOwenMthemoleFiretrapAlvisxzantiweederDreamer 7 49 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    I destroy them, I take no pleasure in it though, they disgust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    Naikon wrote:
    Dont worry, I have included the obligatory Atari Jaguar option.
    Don't forget the Poll first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

clown bag wrote:
    Don't forget the Poll first.

Ta Da!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Daddy long legs have been my arch nemesis since I was a young lad and they are still trying to ruin my life! :(
    Ants are another problem here too, they after my sweeties! *squish*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    Naikon wrote:
    Ta Da!:D
    touché

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Cockroaches are probably the worst when abroad imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I don't kill small insects, however, I do go for big muthafookin spiders.

Our infestation of these guys has started early this year. Can get 5 to 6 on a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I usually only kill wasps. I hate those bastards. Although, there was the big ant-holocaust of '05 there when they infested our house and got destroyed by the white powder of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, gettin loads of those huge spiders at the moment.

I tend to only kill flies. If I can catch and banish spiders and wasps, I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I kill hundreds every day with my car! The evidence is splattered all over the front. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    I kill them, then burn them. Muuuhahhahahaha...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    Hill Billy wrote:
    I don't kill small insects, however, I do go for big muthafookin spiders.

Our infestation of these guys has started early this year. Can get 5 to 6 on a good night.

Yea i've seen a few of these around my house aswell, big bast**ds...i generally kill most insects that invade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Don't kill any insects unless they're causing a major problem.

Although, i do try and catch flies that don't understand that there's a window there. Once caught, they're brought to the nearest spider web and fed to the spider.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

try not too, but normally find myself saying "it's coming right for us!" then that keeps the feds off my back :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Spiders.

Little sh*ts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

I try my best to just put them outside, but when my wife is there and she freaks about there being a spider, I just have to be the big man and murder the defenseless little things:D

I do kill any wasp that ventures into my house, though. Wasps serve no purpose other than to be a menace to society. Wasps are natures hoodie scumbags!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    in our office we get the Flies with Rulers. they dont see them coming.
    its like a competition! every now and again one of the girls does it and you just hear the Thud and a big "Eeeuuuurrggghhh!!!!" hehe.

i'm too chicken to kill spiders but i will if i have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I dont kill spiders

Spiders are good and kill dirty dirty fly's

Spider pig spider pig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    Rob_l wrote:
    I dont kill spiders

Spiders are good and kill dirty dirty fly's

Spider pig spider pig
    You sound like my dad. "Spiders are good for keeping out Flies." i know which i rather... ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I thought this thread was about killing 'insects'. Spiders ain't insects. Insects have 6 legs. ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I find this funny

No problem kiiling insects, spiders, rats etc but would just as easily turn around and call people who hunt heartless bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I try not to. Like others have said, I'd try to usher it out of the house before splatting it. And even then, the only ones I would get are wasps and spiders if the missus is around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

No, but if I catch that bastard mosquito who's been feasting on zuutroy meat every night for the last month, I'll torture the bastard good and proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    My only concern is the effort it would take and the splattery mess it might leave. How can killing an insect/arachnid etc. be wrong??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    I ususally try to kill all insects that get in my way. It serves them right..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Actually, if I see an earthworm struggling on a footpath I will pick it up and put it in the grass ... weird I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

bah i'll only kill an insect if it annoys me or can sting me. My wife hates this, in that she'd rather me kill every creepy creature that decides to make our home theirs.

I personally won't kill spiders, I like to keep the apartment cool, but this means having the windows open and at night myriads of small flies will come in being attracted to the light. Its satisfying seeing the spider webs filled with these little buggers.

I also can't stand wasps, hate them with a passion and will take my shoe off and destroy them on sight. That being said I like bees. I'd never kill one of them as they don't seem intent on attacking me like wasps do.

Oh and I also advocate hunting, eating animals, using animals for sport... etc, so i'm not a hypocrite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Niamho! wrote:
    You sound like my dad. "Spiders are good for keeping out Flies." i know which i rather... ugh.

flies lay eggs on your food and other disgusting things

my spidery friends catch em and eat the dirty beggars

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If it's going to be or the insect then the insect is going to get it. I've taken down about 30 mosquitos in the last 2 nights... little fuckers is all they are, had one bite me on the elbow last week :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I only kill the buggers, if they annoy me which hasn't happened in a while.

Advertisement