Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are We Going Backwards or Forwards

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tyrone Boy

RugBeir wrote:
    David Trimble is a good utility back to have in reserve and might possibly make an out half, if anyone cared to experiment.

Na I don't know, he was a pretty useless politician I thought, never knew him to be any good at rugby either!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hehehehe - you just got burned Ruggie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

&#231 wrote: »
    QFT! BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN Ruggie! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

RugBeir wrote:
    David Trimble is a good utility back to have in reserve and might possibly make an out half, if anyone cared to experiment.
    _000 Hehehehe - you just got burned Ruggie

I think you have the wrong Ruggie. Hehe.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randomname2005

RugBeir wrote:
    No 15 - Geordan Murphy is a must for class and inspiration. He dragged us out of a hole V Wales in the 6 nations and only for poor referee would have saved us against France. It is is best position and he adds that extra undefinable dimension. His creativity compliments our worldclass centres and wingers.

I can't disagree with any of this, Murphy is fantastic going forward but if he had gotten up off his ass he could easily have saved the try against Italy last Friday. If you look at the reply from behind the try line he is JOGGING back to get the ball and is easily passed out by the two Italians. If he had sprinted he could have easily cleared the ball to touch.
    He is great going forward and had a fantastic game against Scotland, but he makes too many mistakes in defense.

R

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭shmaido

Dont really understand why everyone is suddenly suprised about our performances, we were muck in the 6 nations aswell.

QFT

vs Wales - poor performance, lucky to win
    vs France - reasonable second half, stagnant first 30 minutes
    vs England - everybody knows the story there
    vs Scotland - three words...by one point
    vs Italy - lacked the killer instinct to finish off the game and lost the 6 nations by letting Italy rack up too many points in the end.

out of five games only one complete performance

it shows there is something fundamentally wrong in the irish camp, lots of talent, no consistancy. all roads lead to the management and EOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Ahem....look closer;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

He is probably thinking about the domination England were dishing out before the last RWC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

shmaido wrote:
    QFT

vs Wales - poor performance, lucky to win
    vs France - reasonable second half, stagnant first 30 minutes
    vs England - everybody knows the story there
    vs Scotland - three words...by one point
    vs Italy - lacked the killer instinct to finish off the game and lost the 6 nations by letting Italy rack up too many points in the end.

out of five games only one complete performance

it shows there is something fundamentally wrong in the irish camp, lots of talent, no consistancy. all roads lead to the management and EOS.

Your forgetting the wins against (admitedly understrength) Australia and South Africa. The performance against Italy in the 6N was good as far as I could see and your ignoring the fact that we were one try away from winning the championship having not even hit our highest gear. Put another way, we were 4 points (20-17 vs. France??) from winning the grand slam. How can you put such a negative angle on this? Either way it doesn't really matter. We'll qualify for the quarters and be beaten by a better All Black side so there you go. Probably a fair result because we're not in the worlds top 4. I reckon this is, as usual, going to be a predictable World Cup, with the one exception of hopefully Italy making the quarters. The format/seeding badly needs a revamp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭shmaido

daveirl wrote:

New Zealand, australia, south africa, even England (in that they 're playing consistantly BAD) jesus even Italy are showing some consistancy compared to Ireland, sure they all go through phases and have some good/bad days but none of them are able to mix the sublime with the mediocre quite like ireland can. Our performance spectrum is way wider than any body elses, you have to admit that.

forbesii wrote:
    Your forgetting the wins against (admitedly understrength) Australia and South Africa.

think you countered your own point there
    forbesii wrote:
    and your ignoring the fact that we were one try away from winning the championship having not even hit our highest gear.

and why didn't we hit our highest gear? wasn't it the time to hit our highest gear? were the games not important enough?
    Either way it doesn't really matter. We'll qualify for the quarters and be beaten by a better All Black side so there you go. Probably a fair result because we're not in the worlds top 4.

...Irish apathy at its very best:confused:

shmaido wrote:
    think you countered your own point there:

How did I counter it? We beat two good teams convincingly.

shmaido wrote:
    and why didn't we hit our highest gear? wasn't it the time to hit our highest gear? were the games not important enough?:

Thats not the point. We have more to give. The World Cup is more important and I'm hoping they play accordingly.

shmaido wrote:
    ...Irish apathy at its very best:confused:

Apathy? More like realism. Ok, Ok I take it back. Ireland are going to beat France and New Zealand and we'll get to the final and once there open a can of whup ass on whomever we meet and Win the World Cup the whole country will go absolutely mad. Positive enough for ya?

EDIT: Why didnt my quotes work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Try putting [/quote] in upper case,
    that might work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Try putting [/quote] in upper case, that might work. Nope that's not it, I did the endquote in lower case and it worked.

daveirl wrote:

Oh yeah! cool thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

forbesii wrote:
    How did I counter it? We beat two good teams convincingly.

We beat two understrength teams comvincingly.

Advertisement