Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to school... :/

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Bollocks to that they just end up giving 5th years PE for the first time ever and knowing my luck it ll end up being on a day after training or the day of rugby training so i wont be bothered to do anything. Whats worse is that every PE class will be just football :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

My school does ~30 hours... 45 ~40 minute classes.. Hmph.

We're in from 8:55 to 3:30 every day, 15 minute break and 30 minute lunch. If you do LCA you get a half day on Friday. Lucky LCAs. It's funny as if there are any LCAs doing detention they just leave school at the same time as everyone else on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭-donegal-girlie

I only just noticed that in two weeks and 3 days we will have our results!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Davidius wrote:
    As far as I know I'm back on Friday. I suppose the times are the same as they have been for a while. We already do an extra 1.75 hours a week compared to another school. :(

If you're going into TY we're not back til Monday. Don't mind going back too much tbh.

Re times, SES told SCO last year that we just had enough classes per week but they might think about the day going on til 4pm instead of 3.45 so we could have another hour off on Wednesday.

jb91 wrote:
    If you're going into TY we're not back til Monday. Don't mind going back too much tbh.

Re times, SES told SCO last year that we just had enough classes per week but they might think about the day going on til 4pm instead of 3.45 so we could have another hour off on Wednesday.

Yeah all our school times are messed up..not looking forward to the year ahead..we got a new principle last year..everyone hates him..we are getting school jackets this year aswel..:eek: :eek: ewwww:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Just back from school:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 egyhos

oh nooooo:eek: :eek: :eek:... im getting bak on the 4th...
    god damn 5th yr:mad: :mad: ... but im goin to the institute, meaning new skool so thats something to look forward to...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

trogdor wrote:
    Just back from school:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

It's so weird to think that there are people in school while I'm still in France on my summer holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Still cant keept away though can ye :D

Was in for an hour today......weird feeling wearing uniform...but good craic afterwords, pizza and chinese in park :D

I saw someone in a school uniform today. Pretty weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

*shudders at thought of school and the wierd people in it*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

School is the sex! Seriously!
    I love my school! :D I think it's the fact that it's the worst/scummiest school in Limerick that makes it the best in ways! :p

What school is that Poxyshamrock....if ya dont mind me askin lol

omg...i was walking down blanchardstown shopping centre 2day and there was ppl wearing der uniform, i felt sooo sorry for them:( and it felt kinda wierd cause i have a week of summer left...:) :D:)

Hmm, back from the first day a while ago. Not a real first day though, I was just in organising first years. God I'd hate to be going into first year right now.

i would love to be in first yr again!!:rolleyes: The easyness of it!! Went into the school today for the craic..(im not back till monday..) got my timetable got the worst teachers ever for TY:mad: not fair!!:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

i would love to be in first yr again!!:rolleyes: The easyness of it!! Went into the school today for the craic..(im not back till monday..) got my timetable got the worst teachers ever for TY:mad: not fair!!:mad: :mad:

Ahaha unlucky i bet any of your friends who went into 5th year would be glad they made the right choice.

But on the brightside you dont rlly have to do anything for them and you wont get punishment work if you dont comply so it aint all bad

Stev_o wrote:
    Ahaha unlucky i bet any of your friends who went into 5th year would be glad they made the right choice.

But on the brightside you dont rlly have to do anything for them and you wont get punishment work if you dont comply so it aint all bad

Why would they be going into 5th year already;..? they are going into 4th year!!:rolleyes:

1st yr,2nd yr,3rd year, TY (optional) 4th year,5th year..!!

Stev_o wrote:

Why would they be going into 5th year already;..? they are going into 4th year!!:rolleyes:

1st yr,2nd yr,3rd year, TY (optional) 4th year,5th year..!!

He means if they decided not to do TY.....

• Advertisement

He means if they decided not to do TY.....

what??:confused: im confused..after 3rd year you go straight into 5th year?

we do our leavin cert in 5th year..we do 4th year after 3rd year..or you can do TY if u want...:confused::confused:

well ty is 4th year, its just another way of sayin it, and its optional in most skools, u can go straight to 5th after 3rd or u can do 4th year...
    im not doin ty cause i think its a total waste of time, y would i willingly stay in skool for an extra yr??
    so goin into 5th on tuesday...:( :(

egyhos wrote:
    well ty is 4th year, its just another way of sayin it, and its optional in most skools, u can go straight to 5th after 3rd or u can do 4th year...
    im not doin ty cause i think its a total waste of time y would i willingly stay in skool for an extra yr??
    so goin into 5th on tuesday...:( :(

So you have a sixth year? weird!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Enjoy school next week:D:p. TY trip to Donegal for the week for me! Don't know what part yet though
    So you have a sixth year? weird!! haha
    Yup, some even have seventh year if you repeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

I thought nearly every school refers to the years after ty as 5th and 6th......................

Only 2 more days off!Time enoguh to finish off Babylon 5 seasons 4 and 5 and 2 trips to the cinema for Waitress and Knocked Up me thinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,268 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Piste wrote:
    Well aren't you the lucky one! Some of us are back next week :(
    haha!

/troll

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What school is that Poxyshamrock....if ya dont mind me askin lol

tis be CBS and yourself?

Ard scoil.......aint too bad. But in saying that it is bad LOL

I thought nearly every school refers to the years after ty as 5th and 6th......................

Only 2 more days off!Time enoguh to finish off Babylon 5 seasons 4 and 5 and 2 trips to the cinema for Waitress and Knocked Up me thinks :D

Nope...not in donegal anyway..:rolleyes: i've never heard of a 6th year!! I saw knocked up on tuesday..was funny..!!:rolleyes: Back to school on monday!!:eek: :eek:

12 days till the results!!:eek:

The leaving cert marking schemes are up on examinations.ie so i wonder when ours will be out? Some time after the results i suppose!!

• Advertisement

wait, so in donegal transition yr is different frm 4th yr??:confused:
    woo...freaky...:eek:

Advertisement