Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your opinion please? A5/335

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭MarkN

The options I would order from new would be;

M sport, silver/black/grey, upgraded 19s, black leather, auto box, bluetooth, heated seats (although not pushed) and auto dip exterior mirrors.

The options on the car in Duffys;

M sport, silver, 19s, black leather, auto, bluetooth, headlight assist, sat nav.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

BMW
    Mark what are the auto dip exterior mirrors?

Did you consider a stereo upgrade at all (speakers)?

My colour preference would be:

1 - black
    2- silver
    3 - grey

Think sports cars should be a 'strong' colour and look good in black and silver (and also spirit blue, red and yellow) but IMO grey looks horrible - a guy in work has one with the m sports etc but seems very dull

Speaking of colour a white s5 passed me over the weekend - would be great in a sunny climate but think it's a bit silly in rainy old ireland

Same as an interior mirror which goes black when headlights are behind you - if you have a bus behind you or a car or whatever and the light in your drivers mirror is bouncing away annoying you then the mirror goes black-ish and takes the dazzle out.

Never really thought about speaker upgrade, aware of the them obviously, regret not having BOSE in the S3 but hadn't really thought much about it.

BMW
    MarkN wrote:
    Same as an interior mirror which goes black when headlights are behind you - if you have a bus behind you or a car or whatever and the light in your drivers mirror is bouncing away annoying you then the mirror goes black-ish and takes the dazzle out.

Never really thought about speaker upgrade, aware of the them obviously, regret not having BOSE in the S3 but hadn't really thought much about it.

Cool ill look into them.

Are you only planning on keeping your 335 for the year? Suppose then might not justify the speaker upgrade - I'm keeping mine for 4 so might be worth it, it's hard to find demo cars with them though so just have to do some research. when i was getting the golf i paid €200 extra for rear speakers which made a HUGE difference but not sure if it'd be worth it on the beamer

The mirrors sound like a small thing but they were on the A5 demo I drove and I thought they worked brilliantly.

In a 335 I'd probably be more into listening to that engine rather than hi-fi speakers but it'd be them or heated seats I think.

• Advertisement

Ordering the car this morning.

Black or grey lads? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

MarkN wrote:
    Ordering the car this morning.

Black or grey lads? :(

Anthracite grey is the new black. Looks classier too.
    Depends on the interior you're going for...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

space grey and black leather for the win

unless you like the montego blue ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

oh and white looks unbelievable on the e92 but its a brave choice

You can't get space grey in M sport..

It's called sparkling graphite and it's quite a bit darker than space grey.

277319599a5319330703l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I'd go for the black... if it was a choice of black or grey

But would go for this one if it was any colour...
    7731213.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

BMW
    the grey for sure. although it does seem that most of them are in that colour and it is the colour of the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I love the Le-mans blue on them... sorry to add to your confusion!

BMW
    Black black black all the way!

(but without the silver trim uurrgh)

MarkN wrote:
    You can't get space grey in M sport..

It's called sparkling graphite and it's quite a bit darker than space grey.

277319599a5319330703l.jpg

That's the one I was thinking of...classier colour than black in my opinion.

The trim is black in an M sport.

Le Mans blue is nice but it's a bit too weird I think. Sprint blue in my Audi - love it, but in the BMW I'm not sure.

This is the spec I ordered just there. I put down the grey but I can change my mind on the colour within the next week or so.

BMW 335i M sport coupe

Sparkling graphite

Upgraded 19” M sport wheels

Black Dakota leather

Auto gearbox with paddles

Bluetooth

Hi-fi speaker system

Sliding armrest

Bluetooth phone prep

KMH speedo

Front seat heating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Black. Grey always looks dull (like faded black) IMHO. Or the wine in kdevitt's post is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Congrats on the order Mark!!

My car is Le Mans Blue, looks fantastic - in my opinion :D

The colour you went for looks great in the flesh too - best of luck with it!!

Richie.

Just to clear up any confusion - the colours available with M sport are;

White, red, black, blue, silver, grey. That's it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭omega man

Congrats Mark, fair play man. Will be looking forward to some pics and reviews when the time comes. So jealous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,871 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Congrats, MarkN :)

Let us know when you get it!

I would have picked the grey too. Most understated of them all which makes it the pick of choice for a powerful car imho

MarkN wrote:
    Just to clear up any confusion - the colours available with M sport are;

White, red, black, blue, silver, grey. That's it. :)

Unless you go for an individual one... but most Irish BMW dealers wouldn't have a clue what that is

It's actually been one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make in my life. I know it probably sounds stupid, some people have been so unlucky in life and having such a dilemma over choosing a car is probably something they would throw their eyes to heaven over but I've actually lay awake at night over this bloody car. :p

No sooner had I sent the email with the order than Duffy's rang again about the 335. They are offering me incredible money for the S3/serious discount on their car (whichever way you want to look at it) which has made the whole choosing even more difficult and even now I've in two minds but you can't beat the smell of a fresh new car, choosing your own options and colour.

Silver isn't a great colour so probably why Duffys are offering that deal.

You won't be dissappointed with the new car - great colour. Just a pity you went for an autobox but I forgive you ;)

I think silver is nice in them, I can't see silver being a factor in the price anyhow :)

Ah I had to go for an auto box, I will possibly use the paddles or the shifter myself but in traffic and on a car like that if you wanna sell it on, auto is fairly important.

MarkN wrote:
    Ah I had to go for an auto box, I will possibly use the paddles or the shifter myself but in traffic and on a car like that if you wanna sell it on, auto is fairly important.

Thats a valid point - however, because the 335i is so tuneable, I think a lot of future 335i owners will be current M3 owners, and the majority of those will want a manual box. Think it just means it'll be easy enough to shift whether its auto or manual.

Edit - by the way, congrats on the purchase, they're fantastic cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Congrats, I'd glad you went for the Bee-Em naturally. That engine is supposed to be very tunable(the turbo boost is only set to 0.6 bar which is very low, its set so low so as to give the driver the impression that there is no turbo there at all), Alpinas B3 Bi-Turbo has 360 bhp(5500-6000 rpm) and 369 lb ft(3800-5000 rpm) (it uses the same engine as your car).

Even though my heart would dictate that a 335i should have a manual gearbox, my head would overrule me, so I'd be getting an Autobox if I had that kind of money lying around the place, because it will be much easier to sell on.

As I've said before, you only need to look at carzone to show that the Autobox is by far the most popular option.

Of the 6 335i's for sale, only 1 is a manual.

You're a wealth of info E92 and I mean that!

I had noticed the boost from the turbo is very slight alright, even the whoosh is very low - the S3 is the complete opposite, you couldn't BUT notice the whoosh of the turbo and it was something that had me hooked when I sat into the S3 last year.

I can't imagine tuning the BMW, I had no desire to in the S3 and the BM has even more horses.

A TINY little blip in my plan arrived this morning in the form of this which I am taking for a spin this evening but I think I am too set on the BMW..

richfordCAYSIL762.jpg

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=674488

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

MarkN wrote:
    A TINY little blip in my plan arrived this morning in the form of this which I am taking for a spin this evening but I think I am too set on the BMW..

richfordCAYSIL762.jpg

Mmmmm. Any chance of popping by my place with it as well :D

You'd loose a lot less on the Cayman than the 335 I reckon over 1 or 2 years and will be even rarer on the roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

Cayman will definitely be a lot rarer plus a hoot to drive.
    What about practicality? Rear seats not important?

Advertisement