Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is playing Drogheda this Saturday?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

The-Rigger wrote:
    15 mins?! Really? Why didn't anyone call a clock? ?

Joe maintains it was closer to 20mins. I dont know why somebody didnt call clock. On a number of occasions Joe continually asked him to act but i think he may just have been too drunk to comprehend his own actions.
    The-Rigger wrote:
    Does Joe O'Neill have anything to do with the running of the club?

I understand that Joe is half owner of the club. He had nothing to do with this tournament though and was there in a player only capacity. GJP run this tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Joe maintains it was closer to 20mins. I dont know why somebody didnt call clock. On a number of occasions Joe continually asked him to act but i think he may just have been too drunk to comprehend his own actions.

I understand that Joe is half owner of the club. He had nothing to do with this tournament though and was there in a player only capacity. GJP run this tourney.

Unfortunately I played the player with my exit hand, instead of playing my cards. this was a serious error on my behalf and eventually cost me a final table. You live and learn I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

It was about 7/8 mins and Joe was given a warning for his actions, if he did it again he would get a 20 min penalty away from the table.

Nobody wanted to call a clock on Niall out of respect I guess but Joe should have called clock rather than do what he did. I did stop the clock during most of the long hands at the request of the players rather than them calling clock on Niall.

Whether Joe is involved in the club is irrellevant as he plays no part in running GJP events held there and I would have made the same decision whoever did it.

Advertisement