Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeview

Options
  • 08-08-2007 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

There was a discussion here recently (in the NW forum) about Freeview in the Letterkenny area.

Around that time, I ordered a second-hand freeview box from Ebay UK to give it a shot. It doesn't work up in Lismonaghan at all.

So I'm clearing around the house, and if anyone wants to try this Freeview box themselves, PM me and they can have it. It's no use to me, and it's just taking up space here.

I'm not sure which parts of Letterkenny can get a proper Freeview signal? Anyway, if you want a free second-hand freeview box in Letterkenny, PM me and we'll sort it out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Damien Blake

Got my first PM, came in about ten minutes after my post above. Have to sort out a hand-over, but I would assume it's gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

had you the correct aerial. pointed at the limavady transmitter you should have got it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm not sure where Lismonaghan is, though as donegalman1 says, you need an aerial pointed to Limavady transmitter, and a very good signal.

Presumably you're receiving from Strabane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

i think Lismonaghan would be blocked out (wrong side of the hill), i heard houses up long lane getting it and so i guess would mountain top and probably more.

is it a special aerial needed and does it need to be on the roof or could it be just on top of the TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

The Long straight aerials get it better. An aerial on the top of a tv would never get it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That's correct. A directional aerial would be much better than the wideband grids (commonly referred to as Colour Kings), which seem to be incredibly common in Letterkenny. A Triax UNIX52 for example, would be a step up from a grid. Of course, location is of more importance!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There was a discussion here recently (in the NW forum) about Freeview in the Letterkenny area.
    It was this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vinneyboy

my father lives in lismonaghan and has no problems getting the freeview signal.

Advertisement