Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeview coverage in Letterkenny

Options
  • 04-04-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Just a quick one to ask where in Letterkenny will freeview work

Also how do you know which mast your aerial is pointing at e.g. Limavady or Strabane. A general direction would be ideal from long lane area?

Freeview is supposed to work if you are getting your reception from the limavady mast. Not sure if this is true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Hm.. well I live in the middle of the town and I get fairly crap reception.. ~_~ and doubt i get freeview.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

byte should be able to answer that for you. He will probably be logged on later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Limavady is your only reasonable hope. No freeview broadcasts from Strabane. See this link for channels available.

Also see this post specific to Letterkenny.

If you can get a good basic reception of the BBC, ITV and C4 channels from Limavady, it would be worth trying a digital box.

From Long Lane Area if your aerial is pointed more towards Oldtown then its Strabane. More towards Ramelton Road area for Limavady.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i know somebody up past the cathedral who used to get it fine

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm in Glencar Scotch, though I'm picking up Strabane, so no Freeview for me. I've tried once searching for a signal from Limavady, but it was rather poor, I'd say not helped by the houses higher up than mine blocking my Line of Sight.

I do know that Limavady signals are good from the top of the Hospital. Long Lane may be possible, but of course it'll depend on what may be in the way of signal path.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slogue

Thanks everyone
    I am pretty sure my TV aerial is pointing toward Limavady so I will probably buy a freeview box in Curry's.

I will let everyone know how i get on

Cheers for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeah keep us posted as the question arises an odd time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Some parts of Letterkenny can get it fine and others higher and very close cant. I know its a lot to do with direction though you'd be better to borrow one and try

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Up in glencar you can pick up an O2(uk) mobile signal which used to be very handy for ringing the Relatives in england.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Up in glencar you can pick up an O2(uk) mobile signal which used to be very handy for ringing the Relatives in england.
    Just looking now, and true enough, I can pick up Vodafone UK and O2 UK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement