Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus fare system

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

But did she issue the Connolly Sandycove ticket for you? Customer charter says that is what should happen, that said that would also breech the bylaws!

I know why it does this, its just way too complex to explain, but the simplest thing is it doesn't consider the journey to be three legs and doesn't understand each leg is on a different fares matrix it should simply add a+b+c less a token discount but instead it gives you d since the matrix for the discounted fare doesn't stretch to a station numbered greater than 100, if you would have asked for Maynooth the result would have been a lot different I'd imagine

The IE website used to go nuts when someone wanted the Luas add on that was fixed, integrated ticketing this isn't and you need to be a maths genius to determine the optimum combination of tickets since it depends on the day of the week and the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

No, she didn't. I didn't know I could order a DART ticket in Westport. That would be handy.

As it happened I was tired when I got to Connolly so I took a taxi to Sandycove... that cost me €20 (so my journey really did cost €68 ;-) ... but took a lot less time than the DART would and I had heavy bags.

Advertisement