Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrath of the lich king

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

To be honest I was disappointed to learn that Illidan actually dies in the fight.

It should have been one of those, "Oh, You were actually prepared"

/slinks away leaving loot on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

WellyJ wrote:
    Diablo 3 anyone?

World of... Diablocraft

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

WellyJ wrote:
    To be honest I was disappointed to learn that Illidan actually dies in the fight.

I thought he didnt die, and legged it or something like that. He was far too cool to kill off. And World of Diablo would be a bit too samey i think, especially since they took quite a few idea's from the Diablo games and used them in Wow. World of Starcraft might be fun though.

Kiith wrote:
    I thought he didnt die, and legged it or something like that. He was far too cool to kill off. And World of Diablo would be a bit too samey i think, especially since they took quite a few idea's from the Diablo games and used them in Wow. World of Starcraft might be fun though.

Yeh but with Starcraft 2 on the way i doubt WoS will be there next MMORPG.

I would like Diablo 3,

Or maybe a whole new IP

Think Blizz would be able to come up with something new?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

They have said a couple of times they are in the process of making a new MMO that is not based on any of the current universes, but haven't actually released any details only "it'll be unlike anything else being done".

• Advertisement

They have said a couple of times they are in the process of making a new MMO that is not based on any of the current universes, but haven't actually released any details only "it'll be unlike anything else being done".

I would love something set in this time, like 2007

Not like second life or some **** like that,

But a proper MMO. Maybe go as far as having superpowers and stuff in it,

A Heroes MMO would be nice actually.

World of Real-life-craft?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

WellyJ wrote:
    Well anyway, once Arthas is gone thats the lore pretty much exhausted so maybe they will move onto something new.

Arthas is nowhere near the end of the lore, you have the emerald nightmare, Kil'jaeden, Deathwing, the old gods. Theres tonnes of lore to go.
    WellyJ wrote:

It should have been one of those, "Oh, You were actually prepared"

/slinks away leaving loot on the ground.

Illidan doesen't die in the fight he flees...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Big Knox wrote:
    Illidan doesen't die in the fight he flees...

No I'm pretty sure he dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

OctavarIan wrote:

watch the movies, he falls to the floor and you loot him, he's worm food.

• Advertisement

Sure what does lore matter when theres money to be made.

I really dont think Arthas, or any of the other insanely powerful lore figures, should be killed. No one in the game should be able to reach that level of power (even in a 25 man raid). He's the Lich King for **** sake. It kind of makes everything that Arthas went through to reach that level seem less significant. And yes i know its a game, they can do what they want. Thats just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well he went through a lot but so have the people who have reached level 80 etc and it still takes 25 of them.

That said we have no idea how the encounter will go so who knows :p

Ya, but the fact that a few hundred thousand people will probably go through the same level of stuff, kind of takes away from how epic it felt when playing the games (WC3 and FT). I dunno...i just dont like seeing such good lore characters killed in a game that has sweet **** all to do with the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i think what you all forget is that world of warcraft takes place years upon years after the frozen throne exspanion for wc3. This means they can edit the lore in any which way they want.

And i think 25 lvl 80 chars could take down the lich king, no problem, you must remember a lvl 80 would be pretty powerful.

Also i get a lot of inside news on wow for the website i work for , and these ideas for pvp world etc have being floating around the blizzard camp before TBC release, so they arnt robbing from warhammer.

Infact if you look at any mmorpg released after wow, they take all of wows good points and "try" to improve but fail.

Blizzard always maintainted there would be an expansion once a year scalin level up to 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

OctavarIan wrote:

If ur talking about the video have you guys thought about him being the lichking or a death knight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Evolute wrote:
    If ur talking about the video have you guys thought about him being the lichking or a death knight

Who, Illidan? :confused:

Advertisement