Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a Removal Firm

Options
  • 24-07-2007 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Am moving into an apartment next month and looking for a removal firm to help me move. Any recommendations on good firms and any firms I should avoid.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,295 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you moving your own stuff or an entire apartment worth of stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Moving a Bed, 3 Seater and 2 Seater Sofa, some bookcases, a fair few books and a shedload of dvd's.

And I need to get the old dears stuff to Newbridge lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Not sure where you're based, but I used a company called Davick, based up near Lusk on the N1. Found them excellent. The sister has used them too, she recommended them to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

http://www.aadamsremovals.ie/index.html [my uncle runs this company]

I helped him with a Wicklow to Glasgow move and I can vouch for a good quality, professional service at a competitive price

ps nothing to do with Gerry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Theres a boards.ie member over at the Motors forum who does this, forget his username but the webbie is

http://www.vantasks.ie/

You might even get a boards.ie discount ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

ps nothing to do with Gerry :D

LOL the last thing I want to happen is them to decommission my furniture :p

(sorry couldn't resist!).

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What kind of a figure would you be looking at to move a 2 bedroom house?
    i.e 2 beds, sofa, kitchen table, basic furniture etc

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Just to bump this up I will soon be looking for a removals firm. Adam's Removals seems to have ehhh, disappeared. I'm not sure a transit will meet my needs as I'm looking for a one trip deal to take a bed, 3-piece suite, armchairs, kitchen table and chairs, old Sony TV and stand and lots of storage boxes so I reckon I need a big truck. I am moving from Dublin to either Cavan, Meath, Westmeath, Louth, Kildare or Laois.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I moved some sofas recently and used www.anyvan.ie You just enter the details of the job and then van drivers come and quote you. You can also read feedback on the drivers from previous customers which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Thanks for that. I got a quote based on an estimate of what I have to move; I'd prefer someone to come out and have a look and get something definite in case I missed a few things but as you say if they do that then that is grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Have you checked Aaltonen? Cork-based, but do national/international moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Advertisement