Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable furniture removable company sought

Options
  • 01-06-2013 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,

I hope I am posting this in the right section ( mods feel free to move ).

We need a good reliable furniture removable company to move our furniture and belongings from Dublin to London next month. I think we would need a 7.5 ton truck. We intend to have everything we can packed as far as possible. I have a got a job in London and can't afford to have any slip ups. I don't mind paying for a job well done but am nervous of picking the wrong crowd to do the job. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭furmi

Poster55 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I hope I am posting this in the right section ( mods feel free to move ).

We need a good reliable furniture removable company to move our furniture and belongings from Dublin to London next month. I think we would need a 7.5 ton truck. We intend to have everything we can packed as far as possible. I have a got a job in London and can't afford to have any slip ups. I don't mind paying for a job well done but am nervous of picking the wrong crowd to do the job. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You could try www.bigmickey.ie (No Joke) They are a furniture shop in Longford but do removals to and from Uk as well.

They are on adverts.ie and also on donedeal.ie with furniture removal listings. I know a few people that used them. It was a good experience. There is also a large thread here on boards.ie about them. if you can't find it I will pm it to you. Search under bigmickey.ie and you should find it. I have bought from them a few times in the Longford shop and got great value and a great delivery service also.

Apart from that you could go on the golden pages or other directories I'm sure there will be lots of companies there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi Poster55,
    I run www.VanTasks.ie and can do removals to London. Unfortunately the biggest van I have is a around 16 cubic meters capacity so I'm not sure if this would be enough.

With regards to reputation and dependability, you can check genuine customer feedback on my Google Plus link here: http://plus.google.com/114851453574312840575 and there's a few threads around boards.ie with feedback too.

If you want to send a quote through the site with a breakdown of what you need to move I'll have an idea whether there's any chance I may be able to assist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Poster55

furmi wrote: »
    You could try www.bigmickey.ie (No Joke) They are a furniture shop in Longford but do removals to and from Uk as well.

They are on adverts.ie and also on donedeal.ie with furniture removal listings. I know a few people that used them. It was a good experience. There is also a large thread here on boards.ie about them. if you can't find it I will pm it to you. Search under bigmickey.ie and you should find it. I have bought from them a few times in the Longford shop and got great value and a great delivery service also.

Apart from that you could go on the golden pages or other directories I'm sure there will be lots of companies there.

Spoke to Aoife in bigmickey.ie and she is arranging for Mick to come to our home and give an exact quotation. Very impressed and delighted that they will transport our pets as well. Will have to wait and see what the quote is though. I see they have very good feed back here on boards about their furniture shop but anybody else have any feedback on the furniture removal side of things of their business. At the end of the day I want a proffessional and I don't mind paying a little extra for that. I have also sent for a quote to Vantask so thanks to everybody so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Big Mickey moved Niall Horan's family (out of One Direction) to London last year and back again to Ireland this year. The reason I know this is I was at Big Mickeys shop when Niall's mother's car was unloaded out of one of Big Mickeys trucks. All the kids present got pre signed autographs by Niall. It was nice.

cormie wrote: »
    Hi Poster55,
    I run www.VanTasks.ie and can do removals to London. Unfortunately the biggest van I have is a around 16 cubic meters capacity so I'm not sure if this would be enough.

With regards to reputation and dependability, you can check genuine customer feedback on my Google Plus link here: http://plus.google.com/114851453574312840575 and there's a few threads around boards.ie with feedback too.

If you want to send a quote through the site with a breakdown of what you need to move I'll have an idea whether there's any chance I may be able to assist :)

Sent pm to you again but it's a truck that I will need. Van will not be big enough.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

The Gride wrote: »
    Big Mickey moved Niall Horan's family (out of One Direction) to London last year and back again to Ireland this year. The reason I know this is I was at Big Mickeys shop when Niall's mother's car was unloaded out of one of Big Mickeys trucks. All the kids present got pre signed autographs by Niall. It was nice.

Hi Gride, Big mickeys are coming tomorrow to view what I have to move and I could do with knowing if there is anywhere I can find feedback on their house removal business. I saw the good feedback about their shop but nothing there about furniture removals. Can you help ? Where would I look ?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Poster55 wrote: »
    Hi Gride, Big mickeys are coming tomorrow to view what I have to move and I could do with knowing if there is anywhere I can find feedback on their house removal business. I saw the good feedback about their shop but nothing there about furniture removals. Can you help ? Where would I look ?

Sorry, I am unable to help. I know nothing about their furniture removals but I can vouch for their furniture shop. Did you see the big thread on boards about bigmickey ? They have a verified representative on boards now. I noticed it appearing on the other thread.

I did'nt even know that bigmickey.ie done removals, it was just all the hype on the day with the kids that it was Niall Horan's mother that they were moving. Perhaps google it. You might find your answer there.

Spent a couple of hours talking to some of the big removal companies today, they all wanted to pack my stuff, has to be to get the price up as high as possible. Some of them refused to give a quote at all unless they were allowed to pack a percentage of the entire contents. Has anyone any experience of this ? Not impressed at all. I am well able to pack my own stuff + we have not a huge amount of breakables of high value so not tempted to go with these companies.

Bigmickey.ie was out today also. It was more relaxed type of quote. They can bring all the stuff + our pets and also the wifes car in the truck for the price of what I was quoted for a transit van. They can also store for a short period for free if neccessary (this appeals to me as my date could change a little) I would be happy to go with them if I could get more feedback about their removal (not shop) business. At the moment they are the front runner so any feedback gladly accepted.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

We can provide a lengthy list of very satisfied customers for our Furniture Removal business if required. All happy customers to date. Some of these have already posted their feedback on different sites. Just ask for details !

I meant to post sooner but was so busy unpacking..

Bigmickey.ie completed our house removal to UK with military precision earlier this month. It was a very good experience. We were quite stressed and anxious but we were quickly made relax by the lads. They just took over and did the lot. They coulld not have been more helpful. They took the lot in one go which also included driving the wifes car in the back of this massive stepframe low level furniture trailer. The price remained as quoted so very happy about that.

If ever you need a removal, don't pass these guys. Totally recommend.

Thanks to Mick , Ciaran and James. Ye are a legend and also thanks to everyone on boards.ie that helped on the different forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Good to hear some nice feedback. Will keep them in mind for jobs that are too big for myself.

cormie wrote: »
    Good to hear some nice feedback. Will keep them in mind for jobs that are too big for myself.

Good. I hope its a good contact for you. You won't go wrong with them. I have a picture of the big truck, I will try to post it for you when I get my camera back later. You would nearly fit a town in to it. lol

Bigmickey Trucks.jpg

Can't seem to find my own picture but here is one they e mailed to meprior to us giving them the job.

Advertisement