Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really grinds my gears...

Options
  • 23-07-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

I fcukin hate it when people answer the phone by sayin their number!!!
    Tosspots :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Get it off your chest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

(01)6576584

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hi, I'm an 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I hate therefore I am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭windy bee

You should say to them "You are more than just a number you tit"

Bothers me too, philistines, they probably have the attention span of a lightening bolt. Off with their heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

You are number 6

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

Tosspot yourself :P

But seriously, why? Surely it's better to know straight away if you've accidentally dialled a wrong number, no?

And before you say "Well, they could answer with, I dunno, they're family name or something" yes, they could, except there could be more than one family with that name :P Ok, yes, that's a rather far-fetched possibility I admit, but I still don't see what's so aggravating about answering the phone with the number. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

surely you'd know by the voice no?

what grinds my gears, women using the self service lanes in tesco's when they are clearly marked 5 items or less and they have a fecking trolly with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

microgirl wrote:
    Tosspot yourself :P

But seriously, why? Surely it's better to know straight away if you've accidentally dialled a wrong number, no?

And before you say "Well, they could answer with, I dunno, they're family name or something" yes, they could, except there could be more than one family with that name :P Ok, yes, that's a rather far-fetched possibility I admit, but I still don't see what's so aggravating about answering the phone with the number. :)
    It's too formal like I'm ringin your house not a business!
    People answering with their family name?
    I hate that too lol I dunno why it's just a little pet peeve of mine!
    Plus it's always posh oul Southsiders that do it! :p

People who use credit cards to pay for a mars bar in the supermarket. Who the f**k douesn't have enough money on them to pay for a mars bar!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

Cremo wrote:
    surely you'd know by the voice no?

Not necessarily. People can sound very different over the phone, and not everyone you ring is someone you know well :)
    what grinds my gears, women using the self service lanes in tesco's when they are clearly marked 5 items or less and they have a fecking trolly with them.

Now *that* I agree with, although I've never noticed that it's women more than men. Also never noticed that the self-service lanes are specifically "X items only" but yes, the "10 items only" lanes being used by people with 15 or 20 items is a pain in the neck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

You are number 6
    I am not a number, i am a free man!

My grandad answers the phone with his number, i actually tried it for a while but always felt a tit. I generally just say "hello" now like a common pleb ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also ever notice how the wimin go fishing for the cash/card after they've packed it all up and the cash/card is always so far away it's normally check pockets, check bag, check purse, check bag again, find make up brush, look in bag again finally find money, whereas with a guy it's whip out the wallet and magically there's a payment method there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Cremo wrote:
    also ever notice how the wimin go fishing for the cash/card after they've packed it all up and the cash/card is always so far away it's normally check pockets, check bag, check purse, check bag again, find make up brush, look in bag again finally find money, whereas with a guy it's whip out the wallet and magically there's a payment method there.

And how our lovely girls wait until they are on the bus before starting the search for change. "Didn't you know you were getting on the bus?"

Cremo wrote:

And furthermore, they wait until everything is scanned before they start bagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Do many people do that!? i've NEVER heard anyone answer the phone like that. Victor Meldrew style...lol

There's a thread for this ranting!
    Get it off your chest thread part 2 do fcukng search!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Cremo wrote:

Excuse me!! There are men who do this as well. Namely me! Soz :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

There's a thread for this ranting!
    Get it off your chest thread part 2 do fcukng search!
    Now why would I bother doing that?!
    It takes effort

Thanks CSG, that's another thing that that winds me up.

Search doesn't work properly :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I never heard anyone answer the phone by saying the number ('cept on the telly). what wankr did that? that's as bad as answering like in the cosbies or something. "cosby residence". even the kids answer it like that making them easier prey for sexual predators who will exploit the fact that they know the ma's name is missus cosby etc.

way to go bill u fukcing muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

people who buy jeans that are already ripped!

what's the point!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

what's the point!!?

Saves valuable time that would be spent ripping them so that you can...erm....do something?

*shrugs*
    I gave up trying to understand the myriad of stupid things that people do, it's just not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

what's the point!!?

It's called fashion, what age are you? 40?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭intheknow

People who use the company taxi account to try and get a taxi on a saturday night and make a huge deal in front of their drunken mates saying ''No its ok I'll sign for it ! No more out of hours taxi account jobs will I do :mad:

As for a tip.forget it

It's called fashion, what age are you? 40?

18 actually....and mentally competent!!!

it's ridiculous and looks awful

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Calling it fashion doesn't stop it being retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

People who use credit cards to pay for a mars bar in the supermarket. Who the f**k douesn't have enough money on them to pay for a mars bar!:mad:

I've done that on occasion, I'm not going to go without my snack just because I have no money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Stephen wrote:
    Calling it fashion doesn't stop it being retarded.

Quote of the week. Nice one, Stephen!

• Advertisement

so true

Advertisement