Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Of all the things they could have stolen, they took the ****ing lawn mower...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Karoma wrote:
    I should not jump to such conclusions... IT WAS ALIEN TRAVELLERS WHAT DONE STOELED IT!!!
    Alien tinkers, just like in Batteries Not Included, get the baseball bat before they come back!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

AnonoBoy wrote:
    Why did you not bother to burlgar proof the place while your Grandmother was still living there?
    Actually the burglar proofing began about a year before she died when. Tripple locks on all entry doors and at any entry point, there are at least two doors before you get in to the main house. The robberies before would usually be when my Grandmother was out gardening. In her old age she would sometimes forget to close the door behind her as she went out and they'd sneak in behind her back and raid the house even though she was doing her thing in the garden.

As far as I know, the first time ever was about 20 years ago. Actually it was probably a bit more than 20 years now at this stage, but they entered the house at night. My Grandfather was alive at the time, and he caught them red handed. He held them at gun point with an old revolver he had from serving in World War 2, until the Gardaí arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Maybe the lawnmower was really a transformer in disguise and it have to go off and fight some decepticons. :D

It sounds like a bunch of kids up to no good really. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Papad wrote:
    I hear you, Brother.
    Just spent the last 4 hours cutting wet grass ...... stopping every 10 seconds to free up the blade. I am now a broken man.

And I am probably the only person on the AH forum that can truly say:
    "I hate grass."
    WD-40 on the blades and under-yokey. Stops the grass sticking.

Finding this out after you've mowed the lawn will break you more.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I just realised the fuckers took one of the two jerry cans we had there. They left the empty one and took the half full one. Anyways, €650 for a new Lawn Mower and €20 for a new jerry can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Your uncle / neighbour didn't borrow it in a hurry, did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Binomate wrote:
    I just realised the fuckers took one of the two jerry cans we had there. They left the empty one and took the half full one. Anyways, €650 for a new Lawn Mower and €20 for a new jerry can.

Aha, this is why it was stolen. Sounds top of the range. AND a €20 can? The plastic €5 one not good enough for you?

I leave my shed wide open, because I have an Ironside mower I got off a mate for €150. No-one will steal it. I wish they would, then I can claim a much better one off the insurance.

Just like you can do, in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Heh. I've got a push mower in the porch.
    My excuse for not using it is that my shoulder is sore.
    I'm just hoping someone will steal the damn thing.

Advertisement