Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asking a girl out..

Options
  • 22-07-2007 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

ok started a job about 2 months ago,just weekends doing deliveries...debating whether to ask this girl out that works there,she seems really nice and we chat away(small talk) but at any one time i would only be talking to her for a max of 3 to 4 mins cause i gotta go n do me work...ANYWAY was leavin work today and said "see you next week" to which she replied "no im finished on wednesday" and im like **** cause i thought she would be there for the summer...how should i go about askin her out,will she think its weird as its so little time,would i ring the shop and ask to talk to her or what...dont wanna let this one go,if she says no feck it i asked her anyway....any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

it wouldn't be weird. Ring the place up and ask to speak with her. Just ask her seen as she's leaving on wednesday does she fancy going out for a few drinks or somethign to that effect..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

ya i guess whats there to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Go for it. If she says no you'll never have to see her again! I met my current girlfriend at work, it wasn't until I left that I asked her out. The rest is history and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

you know the rules. we need to see a photo before we can decide. ;) get it posted.

go for it tim. better to have had a crack than regret not doing anything.

let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't ask her out - stay single.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Perfect situation tbh. If / when she turns you down you don't have to bury your head in shame and spend your time avoiding awkward moments in work.

Not a good idea to go out with someone you work with anyway. This is a risk free endeavour, go for it.

biko wrote:

ya thats good advice biko haha,i dont think she even knows my name..oh well she will soon enough

if she says ya will i ask her for her number or give her mine,stupid things going through my head

biko wrote:

+1. When you're single, you can be as happy as you want but once you're in a relationship you can be as happy as the other is unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

"Nowadays people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and realise too late that the only thing one never regrets are one's mistakes" - Oscar Wilde.

Go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

If you ask her out, the millions of people that watch you constantly and scrutinise your every move will all laugh at you and make fun of you! I wouldnt do it if i were you, you could lose so much by taking this unecessary risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Go for it. Call into the place if you can. You have to report back here tho:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Timmy_d wrote:
    if she says ya will i ask her for her number or give her mine,stupid things going through my head
    Ask for hers. coz IF you give her your number and she just so happens not to get in touch you'll kick yourself for not taking hers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

why not go for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 kristen

Tell her you will miss her and say you would like to keep in touch. its a sure fire way of swapping phone numbers, when you have her number then you can ask her out in a more private setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No... bad move.
    Don't do anything, just go home as normal and have a whak off in the kitchen.

Better for your self belief.

You will feel stronger after it... no rejection like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

you can always do that after asking her .... regardless of the answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Do it! Do ittttt!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Do not x-post. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055124453

This thread will not be re-opened so don't ask.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement