Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asking a girl out...

Options
  • 22-07-2007 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

ok started a job about 2 months ago,just weekends doing deliveries...debating whether to ask this girl out that works there,she seems really nice and we chat away(small talk) but at any one time i would only be talking to her for a max of 3 to 4 mins cause i gotta go n do me work...ANYWAY was leavin work today and said "see you next week" to which she replied "no im finished on wednesday" and im like **** cause i thought she would be there for the summer...how should i go about askin her out,will she think its weird as its so little time,would i ring the shop and ask to talk to her or what...dont wanna let this one go,if she says no feck it i asked her anyway....any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 RawK

they way i see this from a quick observation is,
    she's leaving, and theres a good chance of never meeting her again
    so why not ask her out? you've nothing to lose if she says no dude! because its not like theres going to be akwardness around the work place or a stint in friendship etc...

i say go for it, when oppurtunity knocks, answer the door man!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Didn't I just read this in after hours?

Anyways, just ask her, if she says no, **** it, you won't see her again.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

ask her out. you've nothing to lose. she's leaving anyway so if she doesn't go for it then you're not going to be seeing her anytime at work.

seize the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

so i called her and asked her out,she said she is going on hols tomm for 2 weeks but will ring me when she gets back...happy days (i think)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Timmy_d wrote:
    so i called her and asked her out,she said she is going on hols tomm for 2 weeks but will ring me when she gets back...happy days (i think)

fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Timmy_d wrote:

Ah man she's gonna come back with all sorts of diseases.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

Good work original poster. Do you have her mobile number?
    If you do you should shoot her a text while she is away to remind her you're still interested and it's in no way stalkerish.

she said she would ring when she got back so will leave it at that,dont wanna be txtn when shes away on hols...balls in her court now

ok so she would have been back wednesday gone,havnt heard from her since but i txt her yesterday to say hey hows things,how was the holiday...no reply
    i should just leave it at this shouldnt i,her loss...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

texts are easily ignored/forgotten and arrangements made two weeks previously are also easy to forget, give a her a call and get a real answer instead of an implied one.

• Advertisement

that could make it uncomfortable for her,shur feck it il leave it in her hands...if a girl asked me and i fancy'd her id let her know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

let it roll for now.. if she's interested she will text back. don't dare feel bad for trying! you only live once and if you don't try, you'll never succeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Go for it. I fancy the arse of some fella i work with. Im waiting for him to make the first move cos im scared of asking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭TheJoker

lisajane wrote:
    Go for it. I fancy the arse of some fella i work with. Im waiting for him to make the first move cos im scared of asking him.

Sounds like you should act on your own advise. ;)

Or maybe this is a case of "do as I say, not as I do"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Timmy_d wrote:
    ok so she would have been back wednesday gone,havnt heard from her since but i txt her yesterday to say hey hows things,how was the holiday...no reply
    i should just leave it at this shouldnt i,her loss...

Just give her a quick ring. It won't be that uncomfortable for her. It'd be worse if you actually showed up where she was.
    Thw worse that will happen is that there will be a few awkward pauses before she eventually tells you she has to go and then that's it.
    Or she may still be interested (but just have forgotten) and your second call could be the start of the relationship.
    You won't know until you try...

Just give her a quick ring. It won't be that uncomfortable for her. It'd be worse if you actually showed up where she was.
    Thw worse that will happen is that there will be a few awkward pauses before she eventually tells you she has to go and then that's it.
    Or she may still be interested (but just have forgotten) and your second call could be the start of the relationship.
    You won't know until you try...

A quick solution to that is she doesnt answer if i ring,which would just frustrate me...highly unlikely she forgot

Advertisement