Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dabs.ie

Options
  • 19-07-2007 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Planning on buy laptop this week from www.dabs.ie,
    Just want to check if they are reliable, anyone any horror stories with ie. late delivery, wrong order etc etc.

Thank for ur help.
    Rory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Rory, I started a similar thread over in 'Online buying' this morning. You can see it here (no replies yet :o )

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055123273

I'm in the same boat as yourself, waiting to order, but a little unsure as I've heard some bad stories about them, so I'd like to here from someone who has purchased something recently.

I found this site not too long ago: www.hpoutlet.co.uk and found the same laptop I'm interested in for €28 less than on dabs (thats total, ie shipping and all).....perhaps hpoutlet will be getting my business :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Same here,
    going for this myself:
    http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4K3D

Havent spotted it cheaper anywhere else.
    But dont want to order ot and then have a load of problems actually getting it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i've ordered a few things from them previously with no issues, they are a big uk company so there are bound to be some horror stories but i'd have no trouble ordering from them again...

Thanks for ur reply, how long was delivery when you ordered and was it on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

The laptop I'm interested in on dabs.ie was €944 (inc. shipping) this afternoon, its now gone up to €978!! Some price jump in a matter of hours :mad: Pffttt.......they can keep it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I've had good experiences with Dabs. Returned something -- picked up by ParcelForce courier -- and didn't have to pay for it either [take note, Komplett!].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bharu99

Ordered goods on 24th August, have not arrived. Been on to them several times and get lame excuses. Stay away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Dabs.ie and I had a short relationship. I had previously bought from Dabs UK a few times without much problem.
    After cancelling the Dell 1330 I needed a laptop asap and ordered from Dabs.
    No sign of the order to progress so I emailed them. Got a response looking for confirmation of details and I replied promptly.
    Over the next 3 days I got 4 more emails looking for the same details again and I replied to them all. After 6 days and 2 more emails I got fed up and cancelled. A complaint email sent still hasn't been responded to.

Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Bharu99 wrote:
    Ordered goods on 24th August, have not arrived. Been on to them several times and get lame excuses. Stay away from them.

What is it about people signing up to badmouth companies over the past few days?

In the greater shceme of things, there are always going to be horror stories about any company, that's a sad fact of life.

Warning somebody to "stay away from them" is childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Myself, I ordered a laptop, took two days for them to confirm delivery address so bit slow there but then it was sent. Arrived three days later. Works brilliantly.

Did get a bit certain at one point about the delivery time/day so contacted their online chat service and was answered within a minute.

Ordered a new Optical drive then shortly after. Arrived within the week. No confirmation needed on that. Works.

So, all in all no horror stories and getting the laptop off them saved me over 150 euros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

rory1983 wrote:
    Same here,
    going for this myself:
    http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4K3D

Havent spotted it cheaper anywhere else.
    But dont want to order it and then have a load of problems actually getting it.

i was looking at something similer to that.. which was this one -

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4LJ3&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=acer+travelmate&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

Cheapist i found on it too, but the laptop on the link u posted they seem similer, But was unsure which brand/laptop is that little bit better? anyone any input or pros n cons?

Also the Acer travelmate5520 is available on Elara online (also no experience with them) @ -

http://www.elara.ie/products/notebooks.asp?ECatID2=100302&Desc2=512MB+%2D+1GB&2P2ID=20&Desc4=15%2E4+in&ECatID3=100103&4P2ID=22&3P2ID=19&Desc3=100GB+%2B&8P2ID=10&ECatID4=100402112&Desc8=DVD+Writer&ECatID8=100801&ECatID1=100207&1P2ID=5&Desc1=Athlon

And if i was to use them at elara they have a pickup service so i could collect the item in person a day or 2 after they're in stock which is kinda handy since its 15 minutes drive away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Got my laptop from them 3 weeks ago.
    Ordered on Monday was here the following Tuesday.

Ordered from them before and never had any issue.

Hi,
    in the end i ordered from dabs, got a broken laptop with lots of problems took a month to get laptop returned and go a refund, still havent got full refund and there customer service is a joke , i sent around 3 emails before i got a response. I know there are horror stories but if anyone here asks about dabs i wont be recommending them to fast. I eventually ordered a sony of laptops direct got it 2 days later, everything works the way it is supposed to.

Advertisement