Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dab.ie ................. yay or nay?

Options
  • 19-07-2007 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was thinking of buying a lappy off dabs.ie as there prices and range seem pretty good, even the delivery costs are resonable!

However when doing a bit of a search here I found that some people had a lot of trouble with them regarding security details, not recieving goods for weeks after etc...

Just wondering if anyone has bought anything from them recently and what there opinion of them was.

Cheers ;)

EDIT: Elera was another option I was thinking of, again, anyone have any recent experience with this company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Only used them before they set up the .ie website.

Ordered a 32" TV off them, which they said they'd have in stock within 2 days.
    A week later still said 2 days, eventually managed to get a reply off them, which was basically "tough luck, waiting on our suppliers, you'll get it when you get it". Cancelled the order. Got it from Savastore (now here) instead, delivered within 4 days after they cleared my credit card.

Think I ordered something else from dabs at some stage that was in stock, no problems. So just don't believe their lead times.

Always found Elara very overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Same as Moh, I've used dabs.com for a graphics card, keyboard and mouse and they were fine, no problems at all. Haven't used dabs.ie yet though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I've used them a few times. No probs at all. (touch wood)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Thanks for the reply guys, I was about to order from them, but the laptop I was interested in had a sudden price jump of €40 in a matter of hours :mad:

I ordered from www.digiuk.com, so saving €64 in the process, just hope I have no problems with them.

Thanks again.

Advertisement