Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place (online or shop) to buy petrol outboard motor.

Options
  • 11-07-2007 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

My dad recently bought a large Ribbed dingy from the Uk and i would like to get him an outboard petrol motor for it new or second hand.

The Specs state that it can take an outboard up to 3.3 HP

Now... i haven't a clue where to begin looking for one, so could someone point me in the right direction of a shop (Meath / Dublin area Or Kerry (dads home)) or even an online store.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Killeen marine in Dalkey are one of the best around. They also do second hand. Make sure that the engine isn't too heavy or overpower for the boat. Often a dinghy will state the max it will take but when the boats loaded it could be too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Thanks for the info!

That quaywest site has the worst layout ive ever seen on a website, but again thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I have a Johnson 3.5HP (About 3 years old) with less than 10 hours on it for sale. It was used as a spare engine. Reason im selling is because i'm upgrading to a 5HP as i've a bigger boat now. Cost me €750 and there's a receipt (somewhere) for it. Bought from O' Malley marine

Make me an offer, look's the exact same as the pic below. There isin't even a scratch on it, and it starts first pull. Run's on a 50:1 petrol/2stroke mix and can be lifted with one hand

johnson3.5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deepsleep

Is the engine still for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

deepsleep wrote: »

After 5 years I would think he sold it even in these hard times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

deepsleep wrote: »

Still have it, but not worth selling... keeping it for sentimental value at this stage

Advertisement