Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is your least favourite Harry Potter character?

Options
  • 11-07-2007 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

for me it's deffinitly Hermionie. she never shuts the **** up, and as a rule I hate know-it-alls. the fact she get's thick at Trealawney because books weren't going to give her grades in the class, and that she wanted Harry to get rid of the Half Blood Prince's copy of Potions textbook because Harry was beating her in the class with it. what a bitch!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Dolores Umbridge: tyrannical frog-faced bitch of the century

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Definitely agree! I HATE her. I've never wanted to jump into a book so much just so that I could kill her! Not only is she obviously evil, irritating and out to ruin everything for the main characters she also reminds me of people I've hated in the past. You know the annoying teachers (and recently thick managers) who always had to do everything ridiculously by the book, invented rules for the sake of rules and were basically thick stupid but thought they were clever. God I really hate her!
    Oh and by the way the actress who plays in her the latest film (she's really famous but I've forgotten her name!) is amazing. Absolutely perfect.

I can't really think of anyone else that I dislike. I mean I obviously hate Voldemort and characters like Lucius Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange but it's more of a love to hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

as a character in the book though, i loved umbridge!!! you can't deny that she's just so much fun to hate!

percy weasly is one of my least faves though. everythign about him. buggage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

yeah but thats what makes her a brillian character! the book would have been so much less interesting without her.....and i agree,imelda staunton is superb as umbridge!!!
    i never particularly liked the house elves,with the exception of kreacher who is a bit more interesting.the way dobby and winky talk annoys me.
    i didnt particularly like slughorn either,but i suppose Rowling had to introduce a good Slytherin (aswell as introducing bad Gryffindors,i.e. romilda vane and cormac mclaggen) just to even things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Draco Malfoy. Reading the book he was annoying little so and so, but when I saw the actor who they cast for the film my hatred increased tenfold!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

snip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I quite dislike that Parkins girl in Slytherin (can't for the life of me remember her full name) and, Kreacher for president! Angry angry house elf ftw ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Pansy Parkinson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

harry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

narco wrote:
    as a character in the book though, i loved umbridge!!! you can't deny that she's just so much fun to hate!

percy weasly is one of my least faves though. everythign about him. buggage.

Yeah Percy's a knobhead, all right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Lucius Malfoy, a nasty perice of work indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Agree with the Percy posts. And whats his name? Dursley is it? I can't remember the last two books though.

boreds wrote:
    Agree with the Percy posts. And whats his name? Dursley is it? I can't remember the last two books though.
    Dudley or Vernon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

There's no character that I really hate, but I know if the characters were real people I'd hate Percy. Bit of a dry ****e, isn't he? lol. :p

I think the Dursleys are great! they're so funny, especially Vernon.:D

even as a character in the books though, percy just bugs me... he's not funny, it's not til the last ocuple wehre he's pompous enough to actively hate... he's just an annoyance of a character.

quirrell wasnt great either. now that i think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i hate percy,he just annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

All the house-elves just really annoyed me.
    though I suppose Dobby and Kreacher do redeem themselves in the 7th book

ok, seriously, someone has to show me how to use spoilers!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

[noparse]
    Put these tags around your spoiler.
    [/noparse]

• Advertisement

deadly, thanks.... duno why i never thought of that:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Luna

bloody hell, worst character ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Dobby in book 2.

He does redeem himself later in the series, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

phasers wrote:
    Luna

bloody hell, worst character ever

Oh yeah, she's soooo annoying!!!
    slughorn kinda bugged me too.

I liked Luna, she was hilarious, and Slughorn was kinda cool IMO, one of the best new teachers after Lupin and Imposter Mad-Eye (before I realised he was an imposter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Pansy Parkinson.... I'm not sure why. I think it's because she's so nasty and I hate bitchy girls but mostly it's her stroking Malfoy's face on the train in HBP. Sickening!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

The malfoys and Umbridge are great villians. I really dislike ron at times. He just comes off as annoying and sulky. Plus all the other weasleys I really like (apart from percy) so Ron is even more annoying by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Lorr

Hermione in the films has ruined book Hermione for me...

This won't be popular but I can't stand Hagrid! He is just so annoying and a pointless git!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Gotta be Percy.
    Although Voldemort comes a close second. Although he is a great villain, I really despise him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Lorr wrote:

This won't be popular but I can't stand Hagrid! He is just so annoying and a pointless git!

I'll second that motion.

When I recently went to see The Order Of The Phoenix, I let a huge "Ahhh God!" out when some character mentioned Hagrid was back.

Needless to say, the children around me were not impressed (nor were their parents). I didn't really intend to do it, its just that I hate the character so much, it just came out on its own accord....

Advertisement