Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do adults become "afraid" of teenagers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

connundrum wrote:
    I think the important question is 'When did teenagers stop having fear of adults?'

Corporal punishment < Scumbaggery
    Agreed, gone are the days when even a neighbour would be willing to give you a clip around the ear if they caught you at something, helped keep us all in line. Now if you even complain to the parents it's like "How dare you come to me to complain about the actions of my kid!"
    They really need to up the legal responsibility of parents such that they are legally liable for what their kids do; your kid steals a car => you serve the time. Basically taking the whole kid repeatedly mitches from school parents get sent to prison thing to a whole new level, might make them keep the little ..... in line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

phasers wrote:
    I am a teenager and I hate them, where's my poll option?

most of them are little dicks, which gets the rest of us a bad name

I've been shouted at by elderly people for sitting in a park chatting at 3 in the afternoon before simply because I'm in the 13-17 age bracket

damn punk kids, sittin' in parks! bloody gurriers the lot of ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

biko wrote:
    Youth is wasted on the young

More importantly: Hair is wasted on the young.

Little bastards with their stupid mullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Depends on the teenagers. I'm only 24 and some of them scare the beejesus out of me as it is! Others I'd laugh at. When I eventually bulk up I'll take them all on!! Grrrr!! :rolleyes:
    Also I think the fear in early/mid twenties fades to a screw you attitude in the thirties for some any way, and fades back in the late forties/fifties when the ole joints start paining etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

farohar wrote:
    Agreed, gone are the days when even a neighbour would be willing to give you a clip around the ear if they caught you at something, helped keep us all in line. Now if you even complain to the parents it's like "How dare you come to me to complain about the actions of my kid!"
    They really need to up the legal responsibility of parents such that they are legally liable for what their kids do; your kid steals a car => you serve the time. Basically taking the whole kid repeatedly mitches from school parents get sent to prison thing to a whole new level, might make them keep the little ..... in line.

QFTW.

I remember when I was a kid, I was in the middle of a massive waterfight. I marched up to a lad of about 20, with a grin on my face.

He looked at me and whilst eating an apple said "Don't wet me". Of course I soaked him and ran. For my troubles? A nice apple into the back of the knee which caused a bruise.

I didn't tell my folks as I knew they would have just said "You deserved it" and rightly so. This PC bull$hit of today is causing havoc in our streets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

"When do adults become "afraid" of teenagers?"

Usually around the time teenagers discover Dutch Gold. Around the same time they start breaking shiney things, hmmm, I wonder is there a link there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

Last year a gang of them discovered the aersol can, and started spray painting everything and anything (even a 300 year old monument). By the pure grace of God I stumbled across four of them in the act of tagging a wall beside where I live. The first thing the ringleader said to me was "you can't touch me" "don't you dare touch me". I grabbed him and by the throat and took the paint can from him, I let him go and was walking away through the group, they didnt say a word except for the last guy, hes started giving me abuse, so I sprayed him right down the front on his tracksuit. To my surprise he didnt do anything except give me more abuse. I think they were in shock that someone actually stood upto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'm afraid of teenagers, and I'm one aswell!! I would tick the "18 - 25" option if it were there.

I don't think age has too much to do with it, until you reach past your 50s when you are poorer of sight or are weaker. Before then, either you're always afraid or you're not.

I hate teenage boy from 15-19
    Such immature idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I blame My chemical Romance for this thread.

I don't dislike teenagers. I do dislike your average scumbag and sometimes they happen to be teenagers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement