Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser card used fraudulently in ATMs and POS without PIN - how?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 paulc2

...I got all the dough back from the bank (took about 2-3 weeks). They seem to be as clueless as me as to how it happened, they were unable to offer me any ideas. I also reported it to the Gardaí, but they were less than interested, it has to be said.

Thanks for the replies.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

paulc2 wrote:
    ...I got all the dough back from the bank (took about 2-3 weeks). They seem to be as clueless as me as to how it happened, they were unable to offer me any ideas. I also reported it to the Gardaí, but they were less than interested, it has to be said.

Thanks for the replies.

Paul.

Paul glad to hear it worked out for you.

Paul, you're lucky you are not with BOI. I think that they point blank refuse to refund you the money if the PIN has been used, as its your responsibility to keep it confidential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Paul, you're lucky you are not with BOI. I think that they point blank refuse to refund you the money if the PIN has been used, as its your responsibility to keep it confidential.

Is that because this wouldn't happen with BOI though? I don't think they send cards to your house, I think they have to be picked up at a branch.

Advertisement