Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenda Gilson ???

Options
  • 06-07-2007 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Why is she in every paper in this country she's mingin !!!!!
    I mean seriously she's not remotely attractive and that's after hours of photoshopping and makeup ?
    Can some explain this to me ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

I'm inclined to agree with you

i think that almost every PR company in Ireland disagrees however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

I agree too. Probably just has that look that sells, whatever that is?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Yeah she also must be very naive as every photo shes in she always has a really surprised look on her face...

oh no wait thats botox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

the look is called "blue steel" !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

She was sat at the end of the bar in a pub I was in last night, and I have to say I had a good look and found her extremely average. Now, I am a girl however, and one of the lads that was with me was bent over double in lust looking at her. Although he was pretty drunk...
    She does get some pretty impressive exposure though, and fair play to her I think. I wonder whats the record for most products/services/events promoted by one person in the same year, and is she on a mission to beat it..?? Go GLENDA GO..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,901 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

personally i think shes different class

and thats in a good way :D

glenda_gilson_and_roberta_rowat_xbox_360.jpg

19pic6.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'd Give her one, But i've seen Much Better Models!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I have to say that I was quite impressed with her when she was on Podge & Rodge. Not at all bimbo-ish & held her own (fnarr, fnarr) with the lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I mean seriously she's not remotely attractive and that's after hours of photoshopping and makeup ?

Besides her fvcked up eyebrows she is a good looking bird.She is certainly not spectacular but with a good body and above average looks makes her a top model here :o .Personally i cannot see how Rosanna Davidson won Mrs World,she is just CAKED!

And OP if you want to see less of her stop buying tabloids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote:
    I have to say that I was quite impressed with her when she was on Podge & Rodge. Not at all bimbo-ish & held her own (fnarr, fnarr) with the lads.

It's not about her intelligence here it's her looks.
    MINGIN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

she has come along way since winning the 1999 grand national in fairness.

but yeah i think she is rubbish. i know someone in the modelling business and its such a 'closed shop' seemingly its unbelievable.

most competitions winners are known long before the event even takes place. its no surprise she continues to get work.

my sister was sitting next to her in elephant and castle one time and claims she is much nicer close up.

but i always find women who guys think are good looking other women think are not nice....and vice versa

Maybe having Natalie Portman as my girlfriend has spoiled me but I just don't get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Seen her when she was going out with BOD a couple of years ago in a bar in NY, presume they were on holidays. Anyway it was myself and my GF so being a big rugger fan went up introduced myself to BOD we got chatting and myself and the GF had a few drinks with them. Terribly nice guy and she is just as nice but extremely good looking!!!! i even got me a few pictures!! not on my work laptop through!!!

So cold_filter she's better on the eye in person or are you saying she's attractive in her photos too ? Have you been to Specsavers recently ? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just rip those eyebrows off with duct tape. :)

LMFAO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

She may be mingin', but...

wait, there's no but.

LMAO this has just made my day lol
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Is she the minger with the big tumour on her face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

So cold_filter she's better on the eye in person or are you saying she's attractive in her photos too ? Have you been to Specsavers recently ? lol

Hey each to their own, theres obviously more people that find her good looking than not or she wouldnt be in the papers everyday.

Shes like marmite you either love her or hate her!!

Dont ge me started on caroline morahan... id marry her tomorrow if i could!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Her eyebrows make her look like shes surprised... all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I think she was just lucky to get into modeling when there were f**k all hot Irish models. She represented an image that Irish girls aspired to.

Personally I think she looks no different to any of the dolly birds you find wanting around Dundrum on a Saturday afternoon.

Plus I'm pretty sure the Bible says something about her eyebrows being a signal of the on coming apocalypse ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭folkface

I think Muppetkiller has to get over himself.
    The media is just a game and to me she's playing it very well.
    Bad publicity is publicity so by even starting this thread your making more people aware of who she is and what she is:

And what is she :confused: extremely successfull!
    Fair play to ya Brenda thats what i say!
    She's probably reading this post right now after doing a 2 hour photo shoot for tomorrows Star and now sitting in her big house flaking out, checking her bank balance and watching it grow. :)

And to Muppetkiller, go back to your 1960's Ireland where women can't be strong, independent, outspoken and successful.
    If she's not your cup of tea so what stop buying Tabloid newspapers.

folkface wrote:
    And to Muppetkiller, go back to your 1960's Ireland where women can't be strong, independent, outspoken and successful.

Since when is flogging every piece of crap that comes on the market described as being "strong, independent, outspoken and successful"???

She couldnt be any less outspoken. She just appears in every random promo picture ever from what I can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

folkface wrote:
    I think Muppetkiller has to get over himself.
    The media is just a game and to me she's playing it very well.
    Bad publicity is publicity so by even starting this thread your making more people aware of who she is and what she is:

And what is she :confused: extremely successfull!
    She's probably reading this post right now after doing a 2 hour photo shoot for tomorrows Star and now sitting in her big house flaking out, checking her bank balance and watching it grow. :)

How exactly is she strong, independent, outspoken and successful? I've only ever seen photos of her and heard any opinion she holds. Nor have I ever seen any example of her physical or moral strength. Is she really independent when she only really came to light by being the girlfriend of a rugby player? And as for success? Hardly.

folkface wrote:
    I know in fact I am her !!!!

Hahaha seriously your hilarious . This is not about how successful she is.
    Fair play to her for it. I'm just confused as there are many many more attractive models in the Country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

folkface wrote:

This thread is about Glenda Gilson. Obviously not as famous as you think she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

Wicknight wrote:
    Personally I think she looks no different to any of the dolly birds you find wanting around Dundrum on a Saturday afternoon.

Or anywhere for that matter. Her and Katie French (who's worse - only famous cos she got the gossip columnists interested in her break-up) are nothing special, and most of the work is like promotions girl stuff, calling them models is a bit of a stretch.

But it's always been like that here. Corina Grant's face used to be on everything until a couple of years ago and it was Laura Birmingham before that. Plus there's a lot more daft launches of fizzy waters or festivals or phone credit cards than ever before for photo ops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I'd hang out the back of her tbh

:D

Advertisement