Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fresh water skiing holiday??

Options
  • 18-06-2007 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi there, we are thinking about heading off for a few days with the kids and would ideally like to go somewhere to water ski, so we are looking for a location with suitable facilities ie. lake with slip and Campsite or b&b close by. Any suggestions? Lake Muckno in Monaghan sounds promising. Has anyone any ideas please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

Hi,
    I used to head down to Lough Derg years ago with the boat and bunch of mates for water skiing weekends. Launch it in Killaloe, and then blast her up to a campsite a few miles up the Clare side of the lake where they had a small marina. Can't remember the campsite name, but a quick search online should find it and few more if you're interested.

Alternatively, a friend is heading up to Roosky this weekend outside Longford where they're hoping to use their boat on the lake and maybe head up the rivers to a few other nearby lakes.

I'll let you know how they get on. They'll be camping locally also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

Scaldybelt, thanks for that.
    Haven't been able to go anywhere due to sh!t weather and the fact that we changed car and need to get a hitch mounted but saying that I am sure we will set off as some stage. Let me know about your friends experience.

Cheers
    O

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

They had a great weekend up there. Found a camping spot near Drumsna that they recommended.
    I think the only problem was when they hit a sumerged rock and lost the engine cover as it came off and sunk by the time they'd turned back to retrieve it.
    My turn next though - hope to have mine out on the water in the next few weeks, engine service is next on the cards.

Advertisement