Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Car Stereo - Experiences?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Im getting the aldi one, IMO its the best

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Rhodney

aldi..more features

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I'm getting the Lidl one as the price has dropped to 69.99.

The nearest Aldi is 30 minutes drive while Lidl is almost next door, I'll take my chances!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Bought the LIDL one this morning, €69 as advertised.

Installed meself, cable was €22 from the theives at halfords.

Very pretty lights....

Anyway, with the same crappy speakers I have to say that I am very impressed. Sound quality from all sources is very good.

SD & USB stick also tested and work fine.
    Have tried a normal cd, fine, so all I have not tried is CDR and MP3 CDR.

Pros:
    Sound quality
    Manuals in English only

Cons:
    Dont like the method of insering a CD, you have to release the front plate.
    Dont like pretty lights.
    If you want a really loud stereo, this is half the output of the Aldi one.

Would I reccomend? At this point definately.

can i install this to my ford fiesta? the housing and the size is different...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You'll need to get a fascia and also cable adaptors. You can get them off ebay for much cheaper than you would in Halfords etc. I have a set for the 90s era Fiestas, which I meant to stick on adverts.ie. PM me if you're interested.

The hardest part of installing a new radio in a Fiesta is getting the old radio out :)

ok thanks...i see lot of modifications to do...probably i'll stick with the stock radio (no mp3 option but a cd audio only) for awhile as it's still on guarranttee for a year:(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tommy_Vercetti

I got the Aldi one yesterday and was wondering must I rewire it to get into my car - Iv a Seat Ibiza. It works fine when the car is on but Iv no power when the car is turned off&I lose all my preset stations, any ideas please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I got the Aldi one yesterday and was wondering must I rewire it to get into my car - Iv a Seat Ibiza. It works fine when the car is on but Iv no power when the car is turned off&I lose all my preset stations, any ideas please?

You need a permanent live. You should be able to get an adapter kit in a motor factors.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

In some cars, the Yellow and Red live wires are reversed (one is permanent live, the other is only live when ignition is on). With some connector leads, the yellow and red wires have inline plugs, so that you can swap the wires over easily.

• Advertisement

I have the same problem with my 98 Ibiza.

The adapters aren't as easy to find as I'd hoped.
    Losing the settings every time the car is turned of is a right pain.
    It means I have to deal with the awful beep noise the head unit makes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

byte wrote:
    In some cars, the Yellow and Red live wires are reversed (one is permanent live, the other is only live when ignition is on). With some connector leads, the yellow and red wires have inline plugs, so that you can swap the wires over easily.
    I'm having the same problem with a Seat Alhambra. Byte, are you saying it's just a matter of swapping over the red and yellow wires? They each have a little inline fuse — one encased, one not — so I'm not at risk of blowing the unit up or anything? :o

Thanks for the help guys, I asked in the motor factors but they werent much help and Im weary of changing wires on past expierance (Iv a wrecked panasonic1 at home, which at one stage I was hotwiring the car with!) So il just get a pro2do it,cudnt handle wrecking another1!

Well, I got too impatient and went ahead this morning and swapped my red & yellow wires over ...bingo! :)

Took a little bit of fiddling around with insultin' tape, because the inline fuseholders are of two different types, but rocket science it ain't.

And if it does blow, why, I'll just put it back the way it was and return it to Aldi for a refund... :p

I'll wait and see if this method kills the heads unit over time.

Be sure to post if you wreck 'em!

I suppose its worth a bash & with the 3 year warrenty on them who knows .................!

:confused: I don't see how it could 'kill'/'wreck' the unit — they're both just supplying power from the battery, and they're both fused.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Both the Yellow and Red wires are 12V+, only difference is one is permanent live, the other dependant on ignition.

I had to do the same with my Leon, and I think the Corsa's are the same also (needing to swap yellow and red).

My car's a 98 Ibiza and I think they have a different set up.
    That's what's stopping me carrying out the operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement