Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mr_Maestro

Ellie2008 wrote: »
    I passed recently in Rathgar. 8 Grade 2 s!!! I'm not delighted though I just feel like I got away easy - I hate that feeling! I messed up the reverse corner but he didn't Grade 3 me because he said my observation was great.

So keep driving and practice. Nobody is a perfect driver when they start off. Its all about experience.

Congratulations !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Just_Magic

Passed just there in Galway. Happy out. 4th time trying, it's finally over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Passed it on the second attempt in navan today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Passed today in finglas after failing last week in dundalk :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

spider_pig wrote: »
    Passed today in finglas after failing last week in dundalk :)

I had something similar in Finglas very soon after (yet another) Raheny fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Passed today in Rathgar, learned the routes from http://www.adischoolofmotoring.com/rathgar-test-routes/ (he followed route 2), had my Dad outside waiting to drive the route ahead of me so I could just follow him if I was unsure, tester didn't seem to notice the same car ahead of me for nearly the entire test even after each manoeuvre.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

Passed on my third attempt in Waterford yesterday evening! Absolutely thrilled. My first two times were disasters (including a man almost crashing into me on my reverse) but I finally got there! Sometimes a change of instructor is the best idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kav407

I passed today first time :) - 3 grade two's and 1 grade one, my nerves were all over the place but held it together, great feeling.. after reading various forums and posts I taught I was destined to fail, it really is an ordeal but it shows if you concentrate and don't dwell on mistakes you will make it, the time in the test just fly's by and I had no idea if I had failed dreadfully or passed comfortably until I was back in the test center. Happy days !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Passed today in Tallaght on my second attempt. Got 3 grade 2's. Delighted. Pity about the N plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

YAAAAAAHOOOOOO!!!! Passed today in Clonmel, 3rd attempt.. Over the moon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Barely passed, but hey!

Weird thing though, on approach to a roundabout she told me second exit. Then like 10-20m from it she goes "3rd exit, yeah". I was thrown a bit by this, but thought I managed pretty well despite being positioned awkwardly because of the lateness.

At the end interview she brought it up herself and said that she was testing my observation/reaction skills.

Did not feel comfortable at all in her presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Craftylee

That's not part of the test and they shouldn't have done that. But hey you passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Barely passed, but hey!

Weird thing though, on approach to a roundabout she told me second exit. Then like 10-20m from it she goes "3rd exit, yeah". I was thrown a bit by this, but thought I managed pretty well despite being positioned awkwardly because of the lateness.

At the end interview she brought it up herself and said that she was testing my observation/reaction skills.

Did not feel comfortable at all in her presence.

Bloody hell! I'd be reporting my tester if they did that to me.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Bloody hell! I'd be reporting my tester if they did that to me.

I had 8 Grade 2's so I was pretty much gonna shut up while she gave me an absolute bollicking on misleading indicators (I kept indicating left back in after passing out parked cars, fair enough I suppose. 3 Grade 2's for that).

I'm 90% sure she just made a mistake with the direction and was trying to cover for it. Notably she began the day barking commands at top speed at me (she was running late) and finished by casually remarking on the weather as we walked back in - followed by the harsh interview again. I can't stand these personality types that flip rapidly between being your jailer and your friend.

I had been told by friends that young males got treated differently but, boy, was it excruciating to be treated like such a dirtbag. "Tester will know you're nervous and will make you feel at ease" - well, based on my trembling legs I don't think that's true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭uli84

Which centre was it?

uli84 wrote: »
    Which centre was it?

Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Well done on passing, it may be no harm to consider submitting a complaint if you honestly feel it was merited: http://www.rsa.ie/Utility/Contact-Us/Complaints-Form/

I don't believe there is any provision to test someone's reactions by changing verbal instructions.

These things all seem small in isolation, but bear in mind the many people who sat their tests before you, and the many more who will sit after you. If this is a pattern of behaviour by the examiner it will only be apparent if people flag it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Just passed in Wicklow town. I am absolutely delighted and if I never see that town again it will be too soon!!!
    Such a magic feeling :)
    Woooooohoooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I passed first time a few weeks ago in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Naas.

I was just reading your posts hoping it wasn't in Naas!! I have my test there tomorrow morning, damn! Good on you for keeping your cool though, congrats :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Passed today 3rd time lucky woohoo must of been the last person in tallaght today no one in the waiting room or any cars parked waiting to go. Must of played on my side cause I felt I done badly, but hey passed and now to the ndls centre first thing in the morning

Passed today in Finglas. Over the moon! :D the instructor was very formal before I sat the test so that made me a bit nervous, but once he told me I passed he was really nice and chatty. So don't be put off by the formal approach :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Passed my test today in Carrick on Shannon! It was my second time taking it - my first was at the beginning of the month & I was so disappointed to fail. Knew it was my own fault but it was honestly the best thing to happen in the end because it made me much more aware of the mistakes I was making.

Feels amazing to be able to post in this thread at last, I've been watching it for the past 2 months! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Passed today in Gorey, was really surprised because I was sure I failed. This was my second go of it and I first time I felt I did really well but this time compared to my first was a disaster. Can't complain, really happy to pass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JetJadore

Passed I Sligo town. Really friendly new testers which is a relief. Third time lucky after two previous disasters, one in particular with a very nasty tester in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 18 andym16

JetJadore wrote: »
    Passed I Sligo town. Really friendly new testers which is a relief. Third time lucky after two previous disasters, one in particular with a very nasty tester in Sligo

Hi JetJadore

Have my first driving test in sligo in a few weeks and was just wondering what route you were taken on and what theory you were asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JetJadore

Hi Andy, the route I was on took me onto the roundabout up from Molly's and onto the dual carriageway. Up the slip road to Caltragh and in Caltragh for a few minutes.
    Went out the other side then down pearse road towards town, then taking a right at the end of gallows hill down high street then up by top part. Went back up the road and took that left that brings you down towards dunes then over by lidl and down by the graveyard. The tester was really nice, they have new tester whom are younger. I also had another man in the back who was watching the tester as he is new. I thought I'd be uncomfortable but they were very relaxing. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

What a morning to have to do the feckin test, driving rain and surface water everywhere.

Thought I did ok but was surprised that I only had one Grade 2 error.

That's me done and dusted now.

Best of luck to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 andym16

JetJadore wrote: »
    Hi Andy, the route I was on took me onto the roundabout up from Molly's and onto the dual carriageway. Up the slip road to Caltragh and in Caltragh for a few minutes.
    Went out the other side then down pearse road towards town, then taking a right at the end of gallows hill down high street then up by top part. Went back up the road and took that left that brings you down towards dunes then over by lidl and down by the graveyard. The tester was really nice, they have new tester whom are younger. I also had another man in the back who was watching the tester as he is new. I thought I'd be uncomfortable but they were very relaxing. Best of luck :)

Thanks...I live in the town so have been driving around it and practicing manoeuvres at the spots mentioned by my driving instructor nearly everyday. Did you do all your manoeuvres in Caltragh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Passed first go few weeks back. :p

Anyway got asked (What I think was a stupid question!)

Who was right of way a roundabout?
    Then asked, Who has right of way at a roundabout when there's no-one on it? :confused:

Advertisement