Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

I got my test 3 weeks after I booked it. They gave me a date in the wrong center so I rang up and told them that it was a 2 hour drive to that center and they gave a date for my local center nearly 4 weeks earlier than the original as they put me at the front of the cancellation queue :D Was well chuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

My test date was 4/5 weeks after I appllied.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sqooka

Awesome, I only realised this post started years ago so testings may have improved. Can I ask did you both get it that quick by taking cancellations? I might not be able to get the time off work if I do it that way :(

sqooka wrote: »
    Awesome, I only realised this post started years ago so testings may have improved. Can I ask did you both get it that quick by taking cancellations? I might not be able to get the time off work if I do it that way :(
    No. I applied on the site like anyone else and received the date within a week/ 2 weeks of that. I guess it depends on where you book it too. Tallaght does Saturday tests which are great this time of year when people can't take time out of college.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

sqooka wrote: »

I got my first date without taking cancellations hence why it was 7 weeks but when I rang up they asked would I take a cancellation so I said ya and they put me forward 4 weeks. They even offered me a choice of 4 different dates and times :) Very nice indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mr_Maestro

Passed this morning in Tallaght :)
    Had the soundest tester in the place and the drive itself went perfect :D

Good luck to all doing there test soon and boy is it a weight of the oul shoulders when ye pass !!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Passed yesterday in Raheny, tester was nice enough. 3 Grade 2's, all for reaction to hazards.

He told me I should have pulled out behind a bus twice when he stopped, and the third I stopped as there was a minibus parked on my side of the road and a bus coming towards to me - "Cmon man! You'd fit a bus through there!"

I was worried then! but all went well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Passed in Raheny, happy camper! :)

Same here!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Passed this morning in Naas, despite a couple of silly mistakes (starting to try to do my reverse around the corner with the hand brake on...). Got some invaluable advice on here last night, so thanks everyone who posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Passed yesterday in Raheny, tester was nice enough. 3 Grade 2's, all for reaction to hazards.

He told me I should have pulled out behind a bus twice when he stopped, and the third I stopped as there was a minibus parked on my side of the road and a bus coming towards to me - "Cmon man! You'd fit a bus through there!"

I was worried then! but all went well

Are testers allowed say shíte like that??? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Disco Bud

Passed today in Rathgar today ( it was not my first time!!) .Thanks a million for everyone's tips here on boards including prep for the questions and routes. I took a a route around Rathgar haven done the churchtown route before. Did reverse around corner on the first corner on Temple Road and turnabout on Thorncliffe park. Delighted to have passed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Passed today in Navan:D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

passed in Rathgar yesterday. Went swimmingly but couldn't have done it without pretest help that morning and the day before. Would highly recommend to anyone doing it as they show you exactly how the instructor wants it done and correct mistakes you make there and then. :)

huge weight off.

PP

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Pessimist

Just passed today in Navan. Had brilliant instructor who really prepared me for the test. My test was really early so didn't do a lesson before the test (just drove around for 10 mins before the test with partner so I could loosen up).

Tester was really calm and relaxed and helped me feel at ease. Just drive like you normally would, taking care to give parked cars enough clearance and check blindspots.

The girl who had her test same time as me passed too so delighted for her as well.

Pessimist wrote: »
    Just passed today in Navan. Had brilliant instructor who really prepared me for the test. My test was really early so didn't do a lesson before the test (just drove around for 10 mins before the test with partner so I could loosen up).

Tester was really calm and relaxed and helped me feel at ease. Just drive like you normally would, taking care to give parked cars enough clearance and check blindspots.

The girl who had her test same time as me passed too so delighted for her as well.
    Was the tester a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Pessimist

Was the tester a woman?

No, I had a guy (late 40s I'd estimate), the other girl had a female (guessing late 40s as well).

Pessimist wrote: »
    No, I had a guy (late 40s I'd estimate), the other girl had a female (guessing late 40s as well).
    Yeah I saw him yesterday too, I had the woman yesterday, she was sound too

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I can't believe I'm writing this but I passed first time in Finglas yesturday. :D
    Still in shock as I didnt even feel ready for the test. I did a pretest on Tuesday with my instrutor and failed within 2 minutes! I thought about cancelling my test but decided to think of it as a pretest test and do it just for the experience!
    I did nearly 2 hours beforehand with my instructor and she totally made me so confident and said I had improved greatly and she helped me with my breathing to calm my nerves. I got 6 Grade 2's in the end. Amazing feeling to pass!!! This forum and also the ISM videos on youtube have been my study aids on evenings I couldn't get driving, so thanks to everyone here for all the help.

saggycaggy wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm writing this but I passed first time in Finglas yesturday. :D
    Still in shock as I didnt even feel ready for the test. I did a pretest on Tuesday with my instrutor and failed within 2 minutes! I thought about cancelling my test but decided to think of it as a pretest test and do it just for the experience!
    I did nearly 2 hours beforehand with my instructor and she totally made me so confident and said I had improved greatly and she helped me with my breathing to calm my nerves. I got 6 Grade 2's in the end. Amazing feeling to pass!!! This forum and also the ISM videos on youtube have been my study aids on evenings I couldn't get driving, so thanks to everyone here for all the help.
    I felt the same when I did my test. Really thought I had failed. My instructor took me out for an hour and a half before the test and I was making so many mistakes with him. Was sure I was going to fail but nope! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacConmheadha

I've been dying to post in this thread, passed first time in Tallaght.
    The pretest beforehand helped a lot, I'd strongly advise someone to do one before their test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Went to Tallaght on Tuesday but couldn't go out as green band missing from insurance disc. (My Da's been ripping it off for years to fit it in the pouch!)

Got a quick reschedule for Thursday though and got through it with just the one mark so happy days.

Tester was a robot, didn't say Hello/Well Done, nothing so I'm glad to be done with it.

The young lad in front of me the whole way ran a red light out on to the N81, not sure his went so well!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

Mac-Chops wrote: »
    Got a quick reschedule for Thursday though and got through it with just the one mark so happy days.

One Mark!! Well done!!

Just to say I also passed my test in Tallaght on Friday last, alas with a lot more than one mark!! Had a German/Austrian tester I suspect who was grand. Did his job and I did my part well enough to pass :)

Got some lessons of a local instructor. PM if you want some contact information.
    I found him very informative and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shankly88

passed my test in tallaght today 3 marks, 2 of which were right at the start of the test (nerves) tester said i completely breezed through it after..

i thought i failed so when he said i have good news you passed i shouted are you serious haha!! cant stop smiling, there was a man who passed before i went out and a girl who was behind me i hope she passed aswell :) such a relief the tester was so sound young enough late 30s early 40s maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Rheo

I passed first time round today, down in Wicklow town. Didn't think I passed at all and was pretty surprised when the guy told me I did. Still, I asked him for some feedback anyway just so I can polish up.

Got 6 'grade 2s' in total. Fluffed the reverse a bit, but he was sound enough about it. Turning left at really tight corners was where I lost marks. He told me he got me to do another tight left turn toward the end which I positioned well for.

The hardest part was probably trying to keep myself calm after I made a mistake (or a perceived mistake on my part), and just continue on as if it never happened. Hill start, turnabout, observation, vehicle controls, etc were all fine.

Anyway, I'm not going to pretend it was all me, as today I got a little bit lucky with the routes he picked. It could have gone either way for me really.

Best of luck to anyone still waiting to take their test.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

kingoffifa wrote: »
    Just to say I also passed my test in Tallaght on Friday last, alas with a lot more than one mark!! Had a German/Austrian tester I suspect who was grand. Did his job and I did my part well enough to pass :)

Yea he was the one who did me for the missing green band on insurance disc, I nearly got him the next time again too.

Glad you passed though, he seemed military efficient to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Rheo wrote: »
    I passed first time round today, down in Wicklow town. Didn't think I passed at all and was pretty surprised when the guy told me I did. Still, I asked him for some feedback anyway just so I can polish up.

Got 6 'grade 2s' in total. Fluffed the reverse a bit, but he was sound enough about it. Turning left at really tight corners was where I lost marks. He told me he got me to do another tight left turn toward the end which I positioned well for.

The hardest part was probably trying to keep myself calm after I made a mistake (or a perceived mistake on my part), and just continue on as if it never happened. Hill start, turnabout, observation, vehicle controls, etc were all fine.

Anyway, I'm not going to pretend it was all me, as today I got a little bit lucky with the routes he picked. It could have gone either way for me really.

Best of luck to anyone still waiting to take their test.

Fair play for passing down there, especially first time out. I passed down there too, but only on 2nd attempt. I firmly believe that if you can drive through Wicklow Town, you can drive anywhere in the world... :P

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

At Last i get to post here.... passed this morning in Tallaght. There are no words to describe the pleasure when he said well done thats a pass

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shankly88

well done finn!! what route did he take? you actually wont be able to stop smiling all week!! when ur walking from the car to the centre is the worst feeling

out of the test centre turned right, at the end of broomhill road turned left then straight down to tymon park right at the lights onto castletymon court,right again into tymonville to do the manouvres , right back out onto castletymon court, left at the top of the road down to the roundabout, full circle on it, back up then and left into Glenview, a few little turns left and right back onto the main road into tallaght village, right then in the village down greenhills road, right then left around by power city turning leftback onto greenhills road, right back onto broomhill and back to the centre from there.

Just the one green x and 1 blue one too. walking back to the office he said well done thats a pass. had a good chat then

• Advertisement

a quick look at the route here http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5751336

Advertisement