Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA offers to fund speedier roadworks on M50

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Saruman wrote:
    What is so special about IKEA that it warrants such.. well publicity about doom and gloom and traffic congestion??
    I mean every time a big chain store or mall opens anywhere its traffic chaos for about a week, possibly two and then no problems at all.
    I remember when B&Q first opened in Liffey Valley and it was hell for about a week and then nothing.

I think the planners should be applauded for thinking a bit about the effects of congestion. Better planning would ease the heavy congestion that bedevils Blanch and Liffey Valley. Better planning would have eased the congestion that bedevils Mahon Point on Saturdays and Sundays.

Ikea stores do attract traffic. Certainly the one we visited a few times in Nantes had mad busy carparks (and a tram stop which was handy to use after the shopping) and this was midweek.

Advertisement