Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pres. Bush robbed in Albania!.

Options
  • 13-06-2007 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone catch that video clip on Sky News when President Bush's watch was robbed off his wrist?.

I wonder will Albania get a present of a nuke tonight, lol.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

It's probably one of those kiddy 'learn the time' watches anyway

http://www.findwatches.co.uk/time-teacher-p-38.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Has it turned up on ebay yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Great, thanks for the clip.

I just wanna rub some Yank's nose's in it for awhile :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Hold on...why are they so excited to see him, and are cheering him? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So Glad wrote:

I read that he's hugely popular over there. Apparently the Albanians are keen on joining Nato so they're hoping to impress him on his trip. Wonder how the missing watch will impact on that. :)

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Wow, the Albanians really love him alright. I doubt he'd get that kind of reception in parts of his own country anymore.

As for the watch, in that video it looks like he didn't even notice. It was a leather strap so it probably snapped off fairly easy. When I saw "robbed" I was expecting to see someone run up grap the watch off his wrist and run off again... only to be filled full of bullets. :D

So Glad wrote:

Their not cheering him dumbass, their crowding him at the ATM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

http://cgi.ebay.ie/George-Bushs-Watch_W0QQitemZ300120757584QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1469QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

"I can't prove it's an Authentic Dubya timepiece, (It has a Mickey Mouse face, as opposed to the Presidential Seal) but it's certainly a nice watch."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Haha thats brilliant. I heard on some radio news bulletin that George bush denies that his watch was stolen in Albania. Whats this then eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Haha, brilliant. Although I also expected to see a clip of some lunatic rush Bush, rip the watch off his wrist and run off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Zillah wrote:
    lol :)

mad how they get the watch off so easily, eh? ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Zillah wrote:
    Haha, brilliant. Although I also expected to see a clip of some lunatic rush Bush, rip the watch off his wrist and run off :)
    What actually happens?
    Can't use youtube in work.

He greets this crowd that are blocked by a fence, shaking hands and smiling, making his way down while they grope at him likes he's the new Dalai Lama or something. His watch gets pulled off while his arms are absorbed by the crowd.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sounds like Ocean's 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Excellent ! I'd say his head of security is for the high jump :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

That wouldnt have happened to Norman Wisdom... Apparantly he is HUGE over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,780 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

apparently bush actually took off the watch and put it in his pocket

alternative footage here seems to confirm this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=PsTqEO6MHCU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

So Glad wrote:

Because they had a sekkrit plan to steal his watch. The are actually mocking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

seen it in the metro thismorning, i loled!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Heh, when I saw this thread I expected something like a lunatic running up to him, ripping it off and legging it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

This is a good thing for watch lovers everywhere, as that clown hasn't a clue how to tell the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

loyatemu wrote:

aaawww its all so clear now hehe damn

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

He has obviously just dropped it anyway, you can clearly see him looking on the ground for it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

0ubliette wrote:

Fantastic :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

if someone could take his watch, or at least get that close to him, i wonder could they have taken a pop at him with a handgun or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bolliwoodi

Mairt wrote:
    Did anyone catch that video clip on Sky News when President Bush's watch was robbed off his wrist?.

I wonder will Albania get a present of a nuke tonight, lol.

This is whats making national news?:D

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote:

:rolleyes:

Never spoil a good story like that with the truth buddy.

:mad:

Advertisement