Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player needed

Options
  • 08-06-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Player needed for 9 30 tommorow for 150k gtd on absolute poker 200dollar buy in.Cant play and cant unregister pm me for details first come first served chance of 60%of 30k first prize cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

lol, dont do first come first served, pick someone good

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭sock.rocker*

he picked me cause he had to go straight away.. like before i even cud reply he sent another message sayin he had to go for a good while.

i agree wit u like but ill try my best

startin in 7 mins.... wish me luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eggie

good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

he picked me cause he had to go straight away.. like before i even cud reply he sent another message sayin he had to go for a good while.

i agree wit u like but ill try my best

lol @ the comments in your blog

• Advertisement

im hopin pocket queens on first hand is a good omen lol

Mr.Plough wrote:
    lol @ the comments in your blog
    yea my friends lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

what site do you play on? play in the jackpot often? think i might know you

i play on battlefield, i doubt ya'd know me. what u mean by jackpot?

on a side note, dnt like absolute at all, very hard to see who is still in the hands nd that..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

• Advertisement

bad beats.. so i quit that day.

this tournament down from 702 to 247. need to double up cause only 63 pay

ahhhhhh!!! allin wit ace king against king ten nd he hit ten.. halfed my stack nd now im fecked for makin money. if he hadnt hit, i was sorted :(:(:(

sry sickpuppy, out in 129th which was still good out of over 700. above hand fuked me up royal style ^^^^

ended up allin wit ace ten against ace jack so standard stuff.. i think i did as well as anyone on these boards cud have tho so im happy, first 200 dollar tournament ever, didnt give any bad beats nd took one to ruin it for me.

another 66 places wuda been sweet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

a10 against aj isnt a bad beat in my country

ended up allin wit ace ten against ace jack so standard stuff..
    check post above that. in ur country, im sure AK against K10 is a bad beat.

had 25k chips, he had 13k. if i won that hand i was bout 20th in chips nd chip leader of my table.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

.. i think i did as well as anyone on these boards cud have tho so im happy

O Rly? Hard luck tho.

i dont mean im as good, im jus sayin i did well..

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

i dont mean im as good, im jus sayin i did well..

With respect, anything outside ITM is a failure in my opinion.

Being first out or going out on the bubble is all the same to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭robinlacey

i don't think its fair to say you "failed" if you don't make the money,thats not how tournaments work.

really a failure to have 600 people go out before me in my first big big MTT.
    maybe i shud quit poker cause i didnt place in the money?! ya kno, since im a failure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

Is going out in 1,300th place in a 10,000 person tourney not more or less the same as going out in 130th in a 1,000 person tourney? It's not like you play HU against every player in the tourney. What I'm saying is, yes, 600 people went out ahead of you, wahey, but you went out in 129th. You weren't even in the top 20%.

And I'm not saying you're a failure, just the tournament. You gain nothing from finishing on the bubble, so why should it be any better or worse than being one of the first out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

really a failure to have 600 people go out before me in my first big big MTT.
    maybe i shud quit poker cause i didnt place in the money?! ya kno, since im a failure

Don't pay any attention. I donk'd out 86 when ITM was 80 in a 6,000 GTD Turbo. Sure I could have sat out a few hand to be easily ITM but I was more after the main prizes. Sadly I sucked :D when my AJo was mashed by T9 when he had hit a 9 on the flop. I though he was on a steal. I raised 4800... His CRAl of 24,000 and me with 5250 to call seemed like good value!

But this thread does pose a good question. I wonder how boards.ie people fair in Online tournies. I get the impression they paly a few a week. A possible "what are your tournie results like this past few months" thread may be up later. Or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

its not like there is any skill involved in tournies either.

Smart arse David :p

Is going out in 1,300th place in a 10,000 person tourney not more or less the same as going out in 130th in a 1,000 person tourney? It's not like you play HU against every player in the tourney. What I'm saying is, yes, 600 people went out ahead of you, wahey, but you went out in 129th. You weren't even in the top 20%.

And I'm not saying you're a failure, just the tournament. You gain nothing from finishing on the bubble, so why should it be any better or worse than being one of the first out?
    i disagree wit everythin u jus said includin 20%. i came in top 17%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

its not there is any skill involved in tournies either.

I no understand that sentence :/ Should I have stayed longer in school :confused::p

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This thread has served it's purpose I believe.

Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

soooo then i didnt fail.. made top 18 ... played very intoxinated by warm cola and bacaardi in a room of poker morons doing a monkey donkey live cash game on our VIP evening with Mermaid, the outstanding comfortable enviroment must have done it.
    LOOL

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

a10 against aj isnt a bad beat in my country

eh, he never said it was a bad beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

lol, not cashing in a tournament is failure is bs.
    If you played badly in a tournament, that is failure, regardless if you cashed or not.
    If you played well, and went out first hand with AAvKK aipf, that is not failure.

You should not be results orientated because tournaments are so high variance that any one tourmament means very little to your overall skill level. You should be concerned with whether or not you played well, and if you feel you played well (and OP seems as if he did) then it is a success in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I consider it a failure if I finish outside the top 3 or so.

Advertisement