Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Happened to the Irish?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Depth is the biggest issue for Ireland
    Our first choice front row isn't amazing, it's good but if 1 or 2 get an injury we're in big trouble

Second row cover is a step up, I have no problem with bringing Mal in if we have to and Hogan looks impressive, no POC or DOC though!

Back row Ireland are spoiled for choice really, a back row of 6.Best 7.Jennings 8.Heaslip itself is top drawer

Scrum halves we seem OK, stringers relationship with OGara is key which is why he is first choice, but if Reddan needs to be called upon he will produce the goods. He was one of the most important players for Wasps' success this year. And then there's Boss-quick, physical and a fine pass so no problems there.

Out Halves is an issue, O'Gara is arguably the 2nd best 10 in the world+ a integral part to Irelands success and if hes injured we are in trouble. Yes both Wallace and Humphreys are good, but not who you want in if your a team trying to mount a serious challenge this autumn.

Centres, obviously any tem would miss Darcy and BOD if the worst scenario occurred but again I wouldnt be confident in Horgan 12 and Trimble 13,maybe one or the other, but together they pose nowhere near the threat we are now accustomed to.

Wingers and Full Backs we look OK in terms of depth. Carney is always going to be a threat for any defence, as is Murphy at full back, and Trimble is a fine talent if he needs to be called upon if there's an injury.

Hopefully none of these scenarios occur though!

spider18 wrote:
    this is a myth try naming the players in the current squad who we "cherry picked" and you'll find most were born in nz and don't tell me ireland dosen't play players not born in ireland (isaac boss).

Are you taking the piss? Take off those blinkers

Advertisement