Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD recorder/DivX player €99 in Dunnes

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Collie Collins

i was happy enuff with my one of these until 2 weeks ago wen the remote broke, now i can't access any menu's etc hence rendering it generally useless to me. anyone know were i cud get a repleacemnt remote for it? i bought a 'works on any machine' one in lidl last week for 8 euro but no joy.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Hi guys,
    Still having trouble seeing a 250GB ext HD on the plustron - it has about 200gb of avi.s but i can see it on another usb/dvd player.
    I have tried a 300gb ext HD on the plustron and I can see the avis on this (just 6 GB).
    Both HD's are FAT32 with no partition and I've waited ten minutes for the 250GB to connect. Is it possible the 300GB will disappear when I use over a certain amount of space? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Any help re Plustron BDR1300 (BEOND)
    Quick question!
    Most DVDs I've tried either play one or other of A)video, background sound and speech sound with subtitles
    OR
    B)video, background sound, no speech sound or subtitles but with commentary (obviousely for visually impaired)
    In other words I have full sound with subtitles or no speech sound at all other than commentary.
    Any idea on how to play DVD without the additional features?
    Thanks
    plonker wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem as Paul with the subtitles and or no voices with some dvd's and copies and cant get it sorted,had ye any luck before I throw it back?

I had the same issue, but managed to solve the problem.

-click the setup button on the remote
    -scroll down to the second option (playback)
    -scroll down to digital audio output and change it to raw
    -scroll down to analog audio output and change it to 2ch

(i dont think you need to change both the digital and analog audio output, but im not sure which one is causing the problem so i changed both and it worked for me).

But you can only perform these steps when there is no dvd in the machine (i think).

Let me know if this worked for you ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

what is the return policy of dunness?
    I bought one 2 weeks back and the remote stopped working...
    after some bangings it started working...
    i am not happy with this now.
    may be one of the dew disappointed customer of this player.
    will dunness accept my return?
    will i get full refund?
    any suggestion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Collie Collins

yeah you should get a full refund ok, provided you have the recepit der shudnt be any problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 nontechie

plonker wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem as Paul with the subtitles and or no voices with some dvd's and copies and cant get it sorted,had ye any luck before I throw it back?

did you get this sorted as Im having the same problem. Im a complete non techie and cant return it as no reciept and threw away the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nontechie

did you get this sorted? I have the same problem and have tries the setting every which way . I am a complete technophobe but cant return it as the receipt is lost and box thrown away

nontechie wrote: »
    did you get this sorted? I have the same problem and have tries the setting every which way . I am a complete technophobe but cant return it as the receipt is lost and box thrown away

But you can only perform these steps when there is no dvd in the machine (i think).

Is anybody able to play MP4 files?

It says on the box that it can play MP4 files but the plustron cant read MP4 files from my external hard drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Paul Mc Gann

Charisteas wrote: »
    I had the same issue, but managed to solve the problem.

(i dont think you need to change both the digital and analog audio output, but im not sure which one is causing the problem so i changed both and it worked for me).

Let me know if this worked for you ok

At long last!! Charisteas has solved my problem---everyone take note follow the above instructions as Charisteas says without a disk and you're sorted.

Thanks a Lot Charisteas you must be some kind of teck genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ther'es your problem! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

Hi,
    just wondering if anyone has managed to record on double layer (8.5gb) discs in this player (plustron DBR1300) . I wanted to find out if they will record before I buy any.
    I am nearly sure that the player play double layer discs.

Thanks in advance

At long last!! Charisteas has solved my problem---everyone take note follow the above instructions as Charisteas says without a disk and you're sorted.

Haha.

I'm not that much of a genius though because I still havn't figured out how to play MP4 files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Are dunnes still selling this? And can I get some basic yes or no answers please with these questions:
    1. Is it multiregion?

2. Can you plug in a usb stick after putting a AVI video file on it and will it play it back on the dvd player?

3. Can it play data dvd r discs? Where you use the 4.8 or whatever it is gb's, and put files on it like a data cd.

4. Can it record off sky tv, like off your tv and burn it to a dvd?

5. Does this dvd player burn files to dvds like if theyre on a usb disk?

6. Finally, is it genuinely worth buying as ive been looking for one of these.

7. EDIT: Is the picture quality good if you have a philips hd tv? Cos when I play files on my xbox, which I cant do anymore bacause of theyre stupid divx license crap, I would set the res to optimal resoulton and it would look fine.

8. Does this play dvd's in 5.1 dolby or DTS if you use a standard dvd you buy in a shop that is in dobly?

Anyone from kilkenny know if dunnes is selling this?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Are dunnes still selling this? And can I get some basic yes or no answers please with these questions:
    1. Is it multiregion?

As far as I know yes.

2. Can you plug in a usb stick after putting a AVI video file on it and will it play it back on the dvd player?

yes and plays them very well - a lot better than a phillips model that i had to return to argos because of stuttering picture on usb playback

3. Can it play data dvd r discs? Where you use the 4.8 or whatever it is gb's, and put files on it like a data cd.
    yes

4. Can it record off sky tv, like off your tv and burn it to a dvd?

yes - because i have sky plus i just copy over the odd program so i dont have it ran through the sky box like people would normally set it up.

5. Does this dvd player burn files to dvds like if theyre on a usb disk?

not sure , i dont think so as the usb port is just for playing output but i will check and let you know if it does.

6. Finally, is it genuinely worth buying as ive been looking for one of these.

i have mine for 6 months or so and have found it excellent. the picture quality is excellent ( on a normal tv) and i also can connect my canon powershot G7 camera, run a slideshow of my home movies or pics and record them all onto dvd in the original canon slideshow format. It also has a dv imput for hooking up a camcorder but i have never used this function.

7. EDIT: Is the picture quality good if you have a philips hd tv? Cos when I play files on my xbox, which I cant do anymore bacause of theyre stupid divx license crap, I would set the res to optimal resoulton and it would look fine.
    dont have a hd tv put the picture quality is better than any other dvd player that i have had.

8. Does this play dvd's in 5.1 dolby or DTS if you use a standard dvd you buy in a shop that is in dobly?

sorry dont know.

Anyone from kilkenny know if dunnes is selling this?

still available in dunnes in mayo, so i would imagine they are availabe nationwide.

so i would recommend one at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Argos have this one now
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055319164

on the plus side, it's dual format
    on the negative side, it's seemingly not DivX compatible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cathymcc

Hi I purchased one of these and have had no problem...until this week. Having decorated the living room and re-connected the DVD to the TV I have been unable to get the DVD to go from standby to on. I have checked all the connections and just can't figure it out.......:o
    Cathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Charisteas wrote: »

Hey, thanks. This just worked for me but the subtitles will not go so a bit annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Nonie

fergie13 wrote: »
    bought the plustron last week. done automatic scan but will only pick up 4 stations channel 4, E4,living and discovery, will find all channels on manual search but cannot store them as automatic scan only found 4 slots, tried auto scan from another house in case signal was bad still the same. tried everything i could think of but no joy, brought plustron back got a new one exact same problem. any help very much appreciated

I have the same problem and would also appreciate some help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

this isn't the appropriate forum. if you ask over in the Audio/visual or home entertainment forums u'll get the help you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Dunnes obviously clearing these out. Now reduced to half price. Was €108 (don't ask me when they increased the price!) Now €54.
    Decided it might be worth that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Dec4 wrote: »
    Dunnes obviously clearing these out. Now reduced to half price. Was €108 (don't ask me when they increased the price!) Now €54.
    Decided it might be worth that!

Where did you see it for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Where did you see it for that price?
    Dunnes Newbridge - had about 6 or 7 on shelf

I bought one of these but they are only good for playback. I've scanned many times and I can only recieve 4 stations so they are no good for recording

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Nonie wrote: »
    I bought one of these but they are only good for playback. I've scanned many times and I can only recieve 4 stations so they are no good for recording

I've been recording from satellite for more than a year now with no major problems. Have you got it set up properly i.e. connected with scart and sourced to scart?

I thought I had but if you have been recording without any bother maybe I,m doing something wrong .Thank you for the reply
    Kind regards Nonie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

most of these ''value'' recorders are more suited for a scart set up, lol.

Mind you, another option perhaps.

Goodmans DVD Recorder - Dual Format - No DivX - Powercity - €60 or €55 online.
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-17-VDR319

OK thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Dec4 wrote: »
    Dunnes Newbridge - had about 6 or 7 on shelf

Was hoping for somewhere closer.:p Thanks though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement