Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Wiki

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

doonothing wrote:
    jesus! i just remembered paying kevin however much money it was in 05 to get one of those dvds. where is it kevin?!
    im preeeeetty sure i have your address. your time draws short...

€6 for each, a talent show DVD and a general Sesh 2 DVD.

I'd settle for seeing it on Youtube at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

So, who is going to be the session 1 person to pimp the wiki and the blog system as a really REALLY cool thing which cool people use?

And where did that person who offered a domain name go?

I've just noticed an article on the wiki called 'Sink Jelly'. I'm so proud!

I've begun an article on the wiki called 'The Great CTYI Shower Fire', but my details are a bit sketchy. If anybody would like to help out, it's here

http://www.viewfromthequad.com/ctyi/index.php?title=The_Great_CTYI_Shower_Fire

Thank you sir! I was not there that year, but I'm sure somebody else was. How about we do an 'article of the moment' type thing where I pimp an article we want filled out on the front page? we could change every few days.

• Advertisement

Taken from the News section of the CTYI wiki

Bad Apples Ruin Fun. Hundreds of Deaths Result.

Some bad apple has taken to spamming the wiki from the DCU IP. I am sure it is somebody from session 1, so if you know somebody who HATES ctyi traditions such as the Thursday Towel one and does either Modern Maths or Entrepreneurship (most likely Entrepreneurship) please give them a bit of a smacking cause they are ruining the fun of everybody else getting to put up their stuff. Changing pages so that *you* think they are funny is lame.

So, now to edit quite a few of the 2007 pages, you need to be logged into the site. Sorry about this, I will assign a new Temporary Moderator when I am in session 2, and he/she can decide if they want to take this protection off.

*Cough*

*cough* indeed. Just wanted to point out why you now need to login to change some of the pages.

the best thing EVAR just happened! somebody found out my mobile phone number and rang me about the wiki complaining about something. Unfortunately they hung up before i could call them an idiot for asking me to do something they could do themselfs, and quite possibly easier, considering i was on my bike on the way to the cinema at the time.

Put the CTYIwiki under lockdown. Now, in order to post, you must register.

Guys. One phone call. Funny. Ok. Ha Ha Ha. well done on finding my number.
    Two phone calls. ermmmm.... Stop.
    Four phone calls. GO AWAY!

Any more phonecalls are being reported to the appropriate authorities.

Also, spamming a wiki is still lame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

nice one, im off to spam the wiki, hours of fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

slasher_65 wrote:
    Put the CTYIwiki under lockdown. Now, in order to post, you must register.

Guys. One phone call. Funny. Ok. Ha Ha Ha. well done on finding my number.
    Two phone calls. ermmmm.... Stop.
    Four phone calls. GO AWAY!

Any more phonecalls are being reported to the CTYI staff.

Also, spamming a wiki is still lame.
    Emm... while I do agree with you, I fail to see how this is the concern or problem of the CTYI staff.

Point taken. That section of the message removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

Can someone tell me how you register on the wiki? I'm sure it's staring me in the face but I couldn't find it.

Yup, it is. Top right: Log in/Create Account. then go to create account on that page.

Or just click here

How helpful of you. You should be moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Don't go giving him notions now!

Of the wiki I don't use, or the forum no one else uses?

Because either's good, power on the internet gives me a massive erection.

Be careful about saying massive. Size is relative. I learned that the hard way.

Heh heh, hard...

Session 2 people: go edit the wiki. Don't let those pesky session 1ers have all the fun!

• Advertisement

WoooHOOO! Some LOVELY person bought me 5 years of domain goodness for the wiki. You can now reach it at www.talesofthequad.com (yup, it just redirects, but it is quicker to type and.. well, i will work on getting it on its very own part of my server later, ok?)

Am also opening it back up to people who want to edit but don't want to have to register. (just as an experiment. Gonna lock it right back down if bad things start happening)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 thejetset

slasher_65 wrote: »
    WoooHOOO! Some LOVELY person bought me 5 years of domain goodness for the wiki. You can now reach it at www.talesofthequad.com (yup, it just redirects, but it is quicker to type and.. well, i will work on getting it on its very own part of my server later, ok?)

Am also opening it back up to people who want to edit but don't want to have to register. (just as an experiment. Gonna lock it right back down if bad things start happening)

Yes, I am the one who bought it for ye lot (and myself, being a ctyier)!! YAY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

In your Great Shower Fire of 2004, the chap in the shower DID NOT dress himself. He went around in his towel for almost an hour until the admin staff gave him a free CTYI shirt:D He then revealed that he had had a tshirt under his towel the enter time, to the applause of the entire cafeteria.

...Eh, no. He got out of the shower, (having seen it smoking, not flaming), put on deoderant, dressed, went outside, asked if his RA was around, was told that he wasn't, and asked if it was important, said no, waited till his RA showed up, and informed him what had happened. THEN the res was evacuated.

HAH! Haden't heard THAT side of the story before!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The guy walking around in the towel was in a different shower as I recall. Is that right, Aonghus?

Sounds like the thing at least one person did in every fire drill, tbh.

I know it happened to me at least once.

Have ye suitably changed the Shower Fire article? None of ye started it in the first place, I hope there's been a change of heart. Because that was hilarious.

• Advertisement

Reading the Random Pages of the wiki makes me feel old. The only thing left is Colm. Who the hell is Ed? I can hardly see him as a young pretender when my young pretender was the cranky blonde woman who took over from Willie, who took over from Fergal.

I miss Fergal.

Advertisement