Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

stanley1 wrote: »
    UPC ad with 1 euro sky sport,dire song,awful ad.

It's on every single break. Enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

It's on every single break. Enough is enough.

yeah but the girl is really hot

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

Prepay Power. Especially when they try to fit an extra syllable into the jingle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

That Trivago ad is on non-stop these days. Familiarity breeds comtempt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

"It actually made us believe that we could do this ourselves...."

Are people seriously expected to fall for this all over again, like it's 2004 or something?

Vodafone can stick their celebratory sausages. I'm one of the 34,000 that binned them this year

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Hot girl does not a good ad make.Plenty of hot girls on XHamster and none of them sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

She's not hot either, she's weird looking, and trying too hard to be all alternative-lol with her stupid top hat and ukelele.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Thargor wrote: »
    She's not hot either, she's weird looking, and trying too hard to be all alternative-lol with her stupid top hat and ukelele.

Shes pretty but nobodys worn those hats since the mid 90s when they were briefly all the rage with crustys and followers of the Raggle Taggle movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

KBC woman. I just noticed she says this

"Broke up with my boyfriend online

I've a modern kind of life"

Thats not modern. thats being a cowardly *****. Good Lord. Very rarely does an add actually make you hate the character as a human being, but KBC have certainly accomplished it *applauds*

This is the bank that hounded someone to the point of suicide. They're pretty hateable already.

A lot of irritating bank ads on tv and radio now, another bubble sign, reminds me of "Train Tracks ya'know? Ching Ching" girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The Flash magic eraser and in particular the Lancashire (I think) accented voiceover of half of it, like nails down a blackboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just saw a new one for something from Cadbury , has the guy from that axa red line add dancing to a chic song at an airport scanner..... oh how I hate him :mad:

Also bad casting there as he is so recognisable from another ad for a totally different brand/product/service entirely thats currently being shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah but the ad is really bad. The song is embarassing, as are the hateful hipsters that are in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

calex71 wrote: »
    Just saw a new one for something from Cadbury , has the guy from that axa red line add dancing to a chic song at an airport scanner..... oh how I hate him :mad:

Also bad casting there as he is so recognisable from another ad for a totally different brand/product/service entirely thats currently being shown.

I hate hate hate him. Irrationally or not I cant understand why he gets cast in ads. Smug beardy fecker!!!!!!

This is more of a recycled ad. It (along with the "I Can Boogie" guy) first appeared 6 months ago, but they seemed to disappear for a while, and now are back for some reason. (It may have been UK channels that had them earlier, I can't remember that with certainty.)

See this comment regarding the same bearded annoyance, posted in this thread last March: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89442738&postcount=5609

Don't know why Cadbury have pulled this piece of sh** advertising campaign out of the bin again, but I'll be buying Galaxy bars exclusively from now on if they keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

The return of the Bord Bia ad with the bearded fool.

LET IT RAIN!

No. Just no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That guy reminds me of a smugger and even less funny Chris O Dowd and like him there seems no escaping the ****er.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

darkdubh wrote: »
    That guy reminds me of a smugger and even less funny Chris O Dowd and like him there seems no escaping the ****er.

You confuse me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That Jaffa Cake ad where the biscuit becomes a gremlin, and the guy looks like a tool,

I really hate that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Just saw a different version of the awful ad for insurance, the one that features Katie Taylor, among others.
    Dreadful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 15,793 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Just saw a different version of the awful ad for insurance, the one that features Katie Taylor, among others.
    Dreadful stuff.

Insurance company, why am I not surprised?

Is it that hard to make an ad that's genuinely funny or memorable? ....people still quote or reference tv ads from the 1980's that were GOOD. Catchy jingles...maybe we were easily pleased...I don't know.
    Now most ads range from 'meh' (at best) to plain irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Yes, I hadn't seen this before, features the same women.

Insurance company, why am I not surprised?

Is it that hard to make an ad that's genuinely funny or memorable? ....people still quote or reference tv ads from the 1980's that were GOOD. Catchy jingles...maybe we were easily pleased...I don't know.
    This new M&S ad in HD on a big tv always pleases me when it comes on, first time Ive liked an ad in years:

Of course they'll probably show it for about 2 weeks before cutting it for some awful Christmas ad full of British Z-listers and weird looking lingerie models...

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

She's rotten, looks like Slash FFS

http://vimeo.com/103846527

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

She's rotten, looks like Slash FFS

http://vimeo.com/103846527

I do actually think she's pretty, but that's funny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Maybe it's the changing times we live in, growing up in the 80's, the TV was held in much higher regard than it is now, (before the time of smartphones, computers, tablets etc..., or to put it simply, being connected)

Back then, the only form of advertisements besides those in newspapers/billboards/magazines were made for TV. Think nowadays, and the forum for 'moving' ads is spread out so much further than just the TV.

Couple all that with the attention span of folk today, and it's no surprise the quality of TV ads made has gone down the toilet.

(I have to admit though, I do like the Club Orange ad with the orange whisperer guy)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement