Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Kermode

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

MrGump wrote: »
    Plus he takes too many holidays; i was eagerly waiting for his Sex and the City rantview - instead i had to deal with Andrew Collins...

Not good enough.
    To be fair, I don't think Dr. Kermode thinks of the Cannes Film Festival as a holiday... and that's where he was just before S&tC was released in the UK. He tends to lose his grip on reality a little during the Cannes slog, and I don't begrudge him a few days off afterwards.

He did a video blog about it later, which leaves us in no uncertainty about how he feels towards it. Ouch! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

By all rights Kermode should have got the Film <insert year> gig after Barry Norman retired.

Instead it went to bloody Jonathan Ross in a blatant case of conflict of interest.

It f*cks me off no end when he slates a film on Monday and later that Friday has tells the star of said film on his chat show how big a fan he is of their work and how he loooooves their new movie.

Piss off Jonathan, you hypocritical dickhead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

mwnger wrote: »
    By all rights Kermode should have got the Film <insert year> gig after Barry Norman retired.

Instead it went to bloody Jonathan Ross in a blatant case of conflict of interest.

It f*cks me off no end when he slates a film on Monday and later that Friday has tells the star of said film on his chat show how big a fan he is of their work and how he loooooves their new movie.

Piss off Jonathan, you hypocritical dickhead.

Yeah i agree, but unfortunately Ross was more of a "star" at the time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

good interview with jolie and baz recently, he's a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i wish yerman wouldn't interrupt him during his podcasts

Advertisement