Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Innis & Gunn - Scottish Beer

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Irish one is a stout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

anymore than 2 in one sitting is to much though. The sweetness becomes a little to much at the end of the second bottle. More a treat, than a drink to bring to a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

I only realised today that it was a stout! Quite pricey too

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

In whisky production, the type of wood used has a much bigger impact than the spirit the cask previously held.

I believe most of the sherry flavours you get from an old sherry cask comes from the European oak. Mature sherry in American oak and then put whisky in the barrel and you won't get anywhere as near as much sherry flavour.

I can see very little difference in putting beer in an Irish cask or a Scottish cask. And "Islay cask" means little on its own.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Brockagh wrote: »
    I can see very little difference in putting beer in an Irish cask or a Scottish cask. And "Islay cask" means little on its own.
    Next thing you'll be telling us that Innis & Gunn is more interested in marketing than product :eek: They didn't go to all that trouble developing their branding, packaging, pricing strategy -- plus 35 seconds phoning Greene King to ask if they'd throw together a recipe and contract-brew some beer for them -- so that you could throw your "facts" and "observations" at them. For shame, Brockagh, you cynic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Do any bars stock Innis & Gunn?

What part of the country are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Ronan cork wrote: »
    What part of the country are you in?

Cork.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd imagine Abbots Ale House has it.

Yeah I have it in the abbots bar, they also have it in the bierhaus and it was in stock in the Mardyke last time I was in there. The rum cask and the regular one are in all 3, I've a few bottles of the Irish cask stout left too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

My local super value stocks this (blegh- in a clear glass bottle)

It is nice enough though perhaps a little on the sweet side.

Advertisement