Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry, warm, sunny weather to return by the weekend?

Options
  • 29-05-2007 7:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Currently the weather is a bit disturbed to say the least but later this week two things look likely to happen - High pressure over Scandinavia is going to intensify - and the Azores high is going to build toward us.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rukm1441.gif

This is an ideal scenario for a more prolonged period of potentially very warm weather as a blocking high developes over Ireland and Britain. Its still a while out yet but the prospects look good for next week imparticular. Will post more details soon:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

job... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hey The LC starts next week, it is a certainty ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

But my forcasting genius is rendered redundant then:( ;) Its always sunny for the LC

- BTW If your doing the LC, best of luck.........keep the head down:)

darkman2 wrote:
    But my forcasting genius is rendered redundant then:( ;) Its always sunny for the LC

- BTW If your doing the LC, best of luck.........keep the head down:)

Thanks Darkman, i'll try my best! It's pretty difficult covering a 2 year course in a week though! I am trying my best and hopefully i'll be doing Science in Trinity next year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hope you're right about the weather,I'm off to Connemara next week

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Best of luck WC, now the time to keep the head down alright. Its always sunny during the LC, delighted to hear its coming around;)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Please let it be so. I've had enough of March

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Hopefully, the French seem to think so;)
    http://www.lameteo.org/saison/season2.html
    Thanks Darkman, i'll try my best! It's pretty difficult covering a 2 year course in a week though! I am trying my best and hopefully i'll be doing Science in Trinity next year:D
    Try revising a three year course for th JC...only joking, JC i nothing like the LC, and plus you've already done that;)
    Good luck:D .
    Are you going for science course in Trinity and then majoring in meteorology?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I just got my summer holidays today (i'm in 5th year) and geography was the last test today. 3 months of bliss, it hasn't really sunk in yet though:)
    I bet that next year when I'm trying to study for the LC we'll get loads of snow around mock time and then a heatwave just before the real exams start:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its nearly always a given that ireland sees 26C and unbroken sunshine during the leaving cert period and 1st week of september back in school every single year:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Lollers,my physics exam was interupted by a thunderstorm with hail lashing the windows.The relevance of the two,whats the chances.Long time ago that.
    Best of luck WC,im sure we be snowed out when your doin your tests.:p

On topic,if that blocking high sits north of us,the usual onshore chilly wind would result here in the east.

Snowbie wrote:
    Lollers,my physics exam was interupted by a thunderstorm with hail lashing the windows.The relevance of the two,whats the chances.Long time ago that.
    Best of luck WC,im sure we be snowed out when your doin your tests.:p

On topic,if that blocking high sits north of us,the usual onshore chilly wind would result here in the east.

Thats not a concern atm. The models have only picked it up and major changes will occur in the next couple of days. My guessing is that it will become a blocking high with a dry southeasterly wind which will limit mist and fog and it will become very warm inland. Cooler on coasts as you say but none-the-less glorious summer weather all the same. Personally right now im looking for the thundery breakdown:D

Indeed-this would make for a nice bank holiday w/end!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1321.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Is there not going to be a good bit of ppn about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

could we have cool and dry for the Cork marathon on monday?

6z shows a prolonged warm period from around Tuesday night :rolleyes: :D

Monday looks warm 17-21c i would think with cloud burning off through the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Tristrame wrote:
    Indeed-this would make for a nice bank holiday w/end!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1321.png
    Yup,nice to have the HP sitting over us than too far north.
    In terms of warmth,id rather have it to our south.We got very little warmth in April and best temps where further west due to HP location.All the same looks like drying out a tad again.

12 GFS is very good for the prospects of very warm sunny weather.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1441.png

Coming together nicely.

Any further updates on this Folks ?

Yep, still looking very good. From later on Sunday really it should be fine dry and warmer right through next week. An Easterly though may peg back temperatures on the coast but inland and West anything up to 24C especially later in the week. Good sunshine with a continental flow too.

http://91.121.0.76/modeles/gens/run/gens-21-1-120.png?0

Met.ie:
    But the tendency will be for the weather to clear from the west through Sunday with good spells of sunshine developing. The weather will then start to settle. Bank Holiday Monday will be dry with good spells of sunshine. And then through next week an anticyclone will continue to build to the north. The winds will turn easterly and the days will be bright and sunny. Temperatures will start to rise, reaching into the low twenties by the middle of next week.

:)

• Advertisement

Great thanks - I'm off to Roundstone for a break.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

good weather at last, the last 4 weeks were horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Not according to Met E <Sunniest May in 7 years>

From tomorrow the sun will be shining - enjoy:cool: Might get the odd thunderstorm aswell:)

It will turn hot and thundery by the end of the week:)

Howth head will be a good place to be Friday onward..........Tristame your first as usual - we expect only the best reports :D

BTW we are heading into a rather unusual period of weather when Easterlies will dominate. Whilst synoptics may suggest the flow is from Scandinavia - this is not the case. The upper flow is from the Southeast. 850hpa temps will show this and this is where our warmth will come from.

Also today will be sunny and warm for all.

There is a small cloud machine over Howth ensuring much of Dublin City recieves a cool murky day.

From my view point i can see blue sky literally 5 miles to my north, west and southwest!!

Although the line of blue is encroaching from the north now.

theres currently a 7C difference between the east and the west. Shannon has 22C while parts of the east are only 15/16C. Hopefully this will change over next few days and it will be warm on the east coast too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I'm fed up hearing about all this good weather. It was spilling rain all day Saturday and Sunday. Yeaterday was a murky miserable day too, and the long awaited sunshine predicted for toady has still failed to materilise - I don't think I've seen the sun in about a week.
    Every time I look at the satellite picture here everywhere seems to be basking in Sunshine except Laois. Rant over.
    Hopefully the sun will make an appearance soon...

completely sunny here since dawn in south wicklow.
    just beautifull.
    The sea breeze is NE though tempering the max here to just shy of 18c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Tristrame wrote:
    completely sunny here since dawn in south wicklow.
    just beautifull.
    The sea breeze is NE though tempering the max here to just shy of 18c.

:rolleyes:
    If it gets any duller here I'll have to turn on the lights.
    Can't wait until I get my villa in Portugal, none of this unpredicatable Irish summer weather...

Advertisement