Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Ccp Dev/bob Dramabomb Omghaxsplotzzz!1!11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

CCP Internal Affairs has released an official announcement in a DevBlog

http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=472

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

R0ot wrote:
    CCP Internal Affairs has released an official announcement in a DevBlog

http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=472

:D
    The fact that this attack took place over a holiday weekend was especially revealing of motive, which we believe was specifically by design to ensure that CCP would not be able to react as fast and efficiently as we would under normal circumstances. The allegations investigated above by this internal affairs department will also be examined by our legal resources, as we do not intend to sit idly by while our servers, community and reputation are under attack.

Fair point, which tbh I didn't think of. I was quite pissed off when they shut the forums down, but its seems it had to be done.

The RP stuff was always bull**** and I never gave a toss about it either way.

With regards to the ISD lad, seems he was in the wrong and again fair enough.

So what we're left with is BoB having the MSN of the devs, I still believe that it's wrong to operate outside of official channels. But there was a offical petition against the ISD lad, so I'm happy with this responce from CCP.

Time shut about this and go north and kill **** seeing as fountain is deader then a pensioners nob.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

kyp_durron wrote:
    Yes, admins/GMs/whatever need friends too and after playing for four years it’s natural that they have friends. Yes fair point. But as an admin you're bound by certain rules, it is NOT normal to fix problems outside official (and moderated) channels. There is some obvious favoritism been shown by GM's torwards BoB by allowing them to be contacted outside official channels. If you can't see in the injustice in that well...

As for CCP, do you think they have handled this whole debacle well? Shutting down the forums, hiding in the sand and wishing the problem to go away and banning people for just asking what the hell was going on, people who pay a monthly sub to CCP, the people who pay their wages effectly.

Also after the whole t20 fiasco it makes you wonder what else has been going on behind the scenes.

EDIT: I cant spell very well cause I'm a dumb dyslexic bastard.

Its not favoritism shown towards bob as much as favoritism towards a friend/friends however i do agree its not right for a dev/ccp employee to act in this way and i assume ccp will deal with him and set up more strict rules on ccp/player relations in regards to official complaints channels which wont work 100% either.

Now As for taking down the forums well seeming at the VERY BEST of times that place is a flameing hell hole of inter corp/alliance fanboi love i also would of taken the forums down knowing just what was going to happen tbh you want me to fill you in on what 99% of the posts would be ? "zomg bob are gay, hax splots!!!! ,ccp are assholes ,zomg ban bob ,im quiting !!!!!! ,can i have your stuff? goons are just biter!" and so on the vast majority of post's wouldn't of helped anyone.....I'm not aware of any banning or the cause of them so wont comment on that.
    I'm confused as to why this is seen as unique to Eve too. Of the 6 million people playing WoW at the moment, I'm sure some of them have friends who work for Blizzard, and I'm sure some of those people are also in top guilds. It seems to me the only difference there is that there's no one single all-conquering guild for everyone else to look for any reason they can to have a go at them (this seems to be what BoB are from my limited knowledge of Eve)

Frankly and im going to be called a fanboi by the goon lover's here now for saying this but ever since goons came into the game they have used any bit of drama and crap they can get no matter how minor or how limited to tranish bobs/ccp name from this bit of non-new's to the "infamous" t2 spawning which turned out to be a handful of truly ****e t2 standard missiles bpo's spawned by 1 person..I assume this is because they entered the game with the intention of destroying it (or so i heard) and they are incapable of beating bob so clearly bob and it's allies must be cheating ......It makes sense when ever i lose a game its because someone cheats and not because they are just better than me.

*post started before r0ot posted the dev reply*

bizmark wrote:
    It makes sense when ever i lose a game its because someone cheats and not because they are just better than me.

That is referred to as the "Counter-Strike Mentality" :D

steviec wrote:
    I really don't know what to make of this thread.. I joined Eve recently and have just been messing around doing missions for agents and haven't gotten remotely involved in the 'politics' yet but I've been reading bits and pieces.

If you haven't already join the 'Irish' channel, the peeps there will help you out and there is plenty of cybering to be had if thats your bag.

Oh and **** the 'politics' just a lot of hassle tbh.
    steviec wrote:
    I don't understand the problem though... The guy who introduced me to Eve has applied for a position at CCP (I know him through a university course in games technology), so if he were to get the job does that mean I have to either delete him from my contact list or else I must be a cheater?

No of course not, nobody said that. If you however used your influence with him to gain a unfair advantage then yes of course it's wrong, quite simple.
    steviec wrote:
    I'm confused as to why this is seen as unique to Eve too. Of the 6 million people playing WoW at the moment, I'm sure some of them have friends who work for Blizzard, and I'm sure some of those people are also in top guilds. It seems to me the only difference there is that there's no one single all-conquering guild for everyone else to look for any reason they can to have a go at them (this seems to be what BoB are from my limited knowledge of Eve)

When did someone say it was unique to Eve?

I'm sure even R0ot would agree with me here in that Eve is very different then WoW, it's all played on a single server and there is conquerable space which can be very lucrative, also when you die you lose a lot more then you do in WoW. So there is a lot more at stake.

• Advertisement

After reading that blog i have gone from just dislikeing to truely hateing goons + their little brainwashed buddys anyone that supports them is a ****ing moron who should **** off out of the game as they dont deserve to play it

I for one now totaly support bobs/mc/xalse/you what etc etc etc fight against these gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

R0ot wrote:
    That is referred to as the "Counter-Strike Mentality" :D

Root's using an aimbot!

Seriously, real players aim their own guns. All he does is tell his ship what target to shoot and it does it all on its own.

EDIT: lol, four posts since 5AM. Eve players have no jobs, clearly :)

*snip*

Annoyed when i posted this not worth the drama that could be caused

Zillah wrote:
    EDIT: lol, four posts since 5AM. Eve players have no jobs, clearly :)

And your up at this time why? :D

P.S. I have a job it just happens to be a weekend one :p

EDIT: Has anyone made an attempt at reading all the comments to that Dev Blog, I got on the first page. I'm thinking of mentioning to the goons that WoW is offering a 14 days free trial also.:D

bizmark wrote:
    Its not favoritism shown towards bob as much as favoritism towards a friend/friends however i do agree its not right for a dev/ccp employee to act in this way and i assume ccp will deal with him and set up more strict rules on ccp/player relations in regards to official complaints channels which wont work 100% either.

Now As for taking down the forums well seeming at the VERY BEST of times that place is a flameing hell hole of inter corp/alliance fanboi love i also would of taken the forums down knowing just what was going to happen tbh you want me to fill you in on what 99% of the posts would be ? "zomg bob are gay, hax splots!!!! ,ccp are assholes ,zomg ban bob ,im quiting !!!!!! ,can i have your stuff? goons are just biter!" and so on the vast majority of post's wouldn't of helped anyone.....I'm not aware of any banning or the cause of them so wont comment on that.

If you read my post above, you will see I said that they were right to take the fourms down.

Yes I changed my mind after reading the blog.
    bizmark wrote:
    Frankly and im going to be called a fanboi by the goon lover's here now for saying this but ever since goons came into the game they have used any bit of drama and crap they can get no matter how minor or how limited to tranish bobs/ccp name from this bit of non-new's to the "infamous" t2 spawning which turned out to be a handful of truly ****e t2 standard missiles bpo's spawned by 1 person..I assume this is because they entered the game with the intention of destroying it (or so i heard) and they are incapable of beating bob so clearly bob and it's allies must be cheating ......It makes sense when ever i lose a game its because someone cheats and not because they are just better than me.

*post started before r0ot posted the dev reply*

They still spawned them, look at it anyway you like but that's wrong.

I presume you are calling me a goon lover then Dark :) fair enough I won't call you a fanboi though.

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote:
    After reading that blog i have gone from just dislikeing to truely hateing goons + their little brainwashed buddys anyone that supports them is a ****ing moron who should **** off out of the game as they dont deserve to play it

I for one now totaly support bobs/mc/xalse/you what etc etc etc fight against these gob****es.

Ok relax, and take a valium.

OMG @ This comment, this wins imho! I lol'd
    kieron:
    If you feel we as an entity are corrupt and abhorrent, we bid you good luck in finding a game and company that suits your interests.

I don't think you "get it." It's my money and you only get it if I so choose. I don't have to play ANY game at all. I have plenty to do in life.

Yeah he says in the start of the post he's been playing the game a year btw :D

Another update, don't know if this one is real or another joke from goons

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=528658

Apparently Mittani and alot of the goons are quitting Eve. Man I hope this isn't a joke. :D

R0ot wrote:
    Another update, don't know if this one is real or another joke from goons

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=528658

Apparently Mittani and alot of the goons are quitting Eve. Man I hope this isn't a joke. :D

**** them, if they want to leave let them. Might be a joke wouldn't surprise me either way tbh.

From now on I am going to ignore all this ****, fecking drama overload :rolleyes:

EDIT: look at the forums now, it's mayham :)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Well this is a propaganda war as well as a pew pew one and I think Goons are propaganda geniuses. Even if what they said was all bull****, and most of it was, they still struck at BoB and unfortunately CCP hard with this. I think CCP responded well with that dev blog. However I think BoB's response is exactly what Goons had hoped for. "Yes, we chat with CCP lolz get over it" makes BoB look like the evil empire fascists they have always been portrayed as.

I still support Goons as they are the griefing gods and bring the lulz. If they leave Eve though it would be for the better. I forgive CCP and expect they won't be helping BoB any more after this, at least as much.

In case you have all forgotten, Eve is a role playing game. We are all part of a big Galaxy at war, there is an Empire, rebellious pirates driven mad by the depths of blackness in 0.0 and there are the huge Alliances that control the different economies. In this fictitious world we are living out the story of this galaxy and just like we would in Real Life, we take sides and the majority of good moral people will choose the side of the Rebels and not the Galactic Empire. BoB are the biggest most well known Alliance in Eve and hence they are the Galactic Empire in this story. Those who oppose BoB are the struggling Rebels who have little to lose, just a ship and a gun, but we have that one ounce of something called HOPE! If BoB takes over then we lose Eve, we lose everything we have trained for, we become the droning cogs in their evil machine.

DAMN YOU FANBOIS LET ME LIVE MY FANTASY I PAY FOR THIS **** YOU ****ERS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

roleplayers suck.

kyp_durron wrote:
    I presume you are calling me a goon lover then Dark :) fair enough I won't call you a fanboi though.

No your more middle of the road
    Well this is a propaganda war as well as a pew pew one and I think Goons are propaganda geniuses. Even if what they said was all bull****, and most of it was, they still struck at BoB and unfortunately CCP hard with this. I think CCP responded well with that dev blog. However I think BoB's response is exactly what Goons had hoped for. "Yes, we chat with CCP lolz get over it" makes BoB look like the evil empire fascists they have always been portrayed as.

They attacked ccp's rep thats not roleplaying thats trying to out right damage the game and its player base

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

Goonswarm are not doing themselves any favours here and I feel they are making themselves look like idiots.

Admittedly CCP f**ked up last year about the T20 BPOs but they have got their house in order and now CCP have done the right thing for the game and the greater EvE Community.

For all the new players that have recently joined EvE the politics really shouldn't effect you at all. I've been playing awhile and live in 0.0 and I don't have to worry too much about politics. I spend more time watching local to avoid getting ganked! :D than worry about some fleet engagement 40 odd jumps away in some system i've never been to.

IMO I have a linking that Goonswarm is about to keel over and are creating smoke to avoid the real core issues that they might be having. I tend to ignore the EvE-Online forums anyway because all people seem to do is moan. Best thread for the noobies is probably this one: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=333309 as it might stop you getting shot up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

hehe ... and Bob themselves fanning the fire:
    See cornfed1's sig:
    http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=519820&page=1#7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A friend of mine was sitting beside the head of BoB on the plane from the Eve convention in Iceland, and decided to have a little fun with his conversation.

"So, are you in any wars then? Band of who? Are you a new corp?"

He moved to a different seat after a few minutes...

• Advertisement

R0ot wrote:
    And your up at this time why? :D

Hello? I'm a "student"... :D Duh. We don't have any actual responsibilities.

Zillah wrote:
    Hello? I'm a "student"... :D Duh. We don't have any actual responsibilities.

pff your to much of a square to play eve khan zu get out of our uber cool forum!

http://goonfleet.com/reply_to_CCP.html

I havent read it yet cause I'm knackered and off to sleep. I hope by the time I have woken up you will all have done so and posted about it in nice easy to digest morsals of info. I'm looking in your direction Maddzy. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

kyp_durron wrote:
    I'm looking in your direction Maddzy. Cheers.

Meh. Goonies whine about BoB and CCP some more. There is very little luls.

Goonies mention they invited a GM to join them in the past and the GM was threatened by CCP to leave. Last I read Goonies stated they had a strict policy NOT to allow devs or GMs into the alliance so as to keep the game "fair". Contradiction. Oh oh. Although this policy may have been implemented after the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I wish the person creating those open letters would give it a ****ing rest.

I wish the person creating those open letters would give it a ****ing rest.

Wish he and goons would just leave the game tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Maddzy wrote:

I still support Goons as they are the griefing gods and bring the lulz. If they leave Eve though it would be for the better. I forgive CCP and expect they won't be helping BoB any more after this, at least as much.

In case you have all forgotten, Eve is a role playing game. We are all part of a big Galaxy at war, there is an Empire, rebellious pirates driven mad by the depths of blackness in 0.0 and there are the huge Alliances that control the different economies. In this fictitious world we are living out the story of this galaxy and just like we would in Real Life, we take sides and the majority of good moral people will choose the side of the Rebels and not the Galactic Empire. BoB are the biggest most well known Alliance in Eve and hence they are the Galactic Empire in this story. Those who oppose BoB are the struggling Rebels who have little to lose, just a ship and a gun, but we have that one ounce of something called HOPE! If BoB takes over then we lose Eve, we lose everything we have trained for, we become the droning cogs in their evil machine.

DAMN YOU FANBOIS LET ME LIVE MY FANTASY I PAY FOR THIS **** YOU ****ERS.

Good post, I'm coming back to Eve! I have about 20 Merlins to expend in an honourable lil guy way! Hurrah!

bizmark wrote:
    pff your to much of a square to play eve khan zu get out of our uber cool forum!

Khan Zu lives! She's just taking some time off with some Minmatar slave boys. Seriously, if she can afford to buy Battleships then imagine the kind of personal life she could have.

Zillah wrote:
    Khan Zu lives! She's just taking some time off with some Minmatar slave boys. Seriously, if she can afford to buy Battleships then imagine the kind of personal life she could have.

I await the reapperance of khan zu like the seconding comeing of captian picard (all hail picard)

• Advertisement

I miss my Drake. It was tougher than my Raven. Have they nerfed the Drake yet?

Advertisement