Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Whats going on in Loughrea?

• 24-05-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 johnnyboy4711

whats with all the digging?
    I hope that the road will be at least level afterwards!
    badly needs it!
    john

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 Steyr

Putting in Broadband maybe?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Robbo

With a bit of luck, they're burying the entire anachronistic town. At least with the bypass you don't have to drive down "The Street That Time Forgot" anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ✭✭✭ alib

HEY!!!! No fair. At least it doesn't have the same usual bunch of shops as can be found anywhere and still has a little bit of character to it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Robbo

3 Words: Not. Just. Combats.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,143 ✭✭✭✭ Utopia Parkway

whats with all the digging?
    I hope that the road will be at least level afterwards!
    badly needs it!
    john

They seem to have been digging up Loughrea for the past 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭✭ Mr Mojo

Robbo wrote:
    With a bit of luck, they're burying the entire anachronistic town. At least with the bypass you don't have to drive down "The Street That Time Forgot" anymore.
    Hee hee :D. My thoughts exactly, that street is sooo grim. Why is it so grey & dirty lookin' all the time, even on a fine sunny day that place is depressing. I think the locals should at least clean their windows once in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭ cheesemaker

new paths,roads and all that.......finished in sept but probably wont be

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭ po0k

Mr Mojo wrote:
    I think the locals should at least clean their windows once in a while!

Because it'll be filthy again tomorrow with all the traffic that goes through that town.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭✭ Mr Mojo

SyxPak wrote:
    Because it'll be filthy again tomorrow with all the traffic that goes through that town.
    Yeah, I suppose you're right there, even with the bypass it's fairly heavy going, but a lick of paint once in a while wouldn't go a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 togster

Robbo wrote:
    3 Words: Not. Just. Combats.
    Classic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement