Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Mugger

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Fallen Seraph

edit: apologies, I thought that I had said something that I hadn't :o ; how ironic...

Also, what precisely needs to be given a rest about what I said? I was perhaps trying to offer an insight into why they are so annoying? I don't get what needs to be given a rest about that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 instigate

Insight? Fair enough. Good luck with your new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

OP - if you feel so strongly about wanting to help charity over your summer, you could take a job from Ben Dunne and donate some of your earnings directly without having to harrass or intimidate people trying to go about their day to to day business..

The charity would probably benefit a lot more from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

it's a load of auld manure.

charity muggers are the most self-righteous and indignant shower of miscreants i've ever had the misfortune to walk by. I rather walk through a pile of manure in my bare feet than have to walk by a gang of chuggers lording it.

Get a real job or do some real charity work.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Fallen Seraph

The charity would probably benefit a lot more from that.

Verily, I think that that is what I shall in fact be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

How is that even considered a job?! Going into the street and taking money off people, it contributes nothing to society! Why dont these charity mugger types get real jobs and donate there earnings if they care that much about charity instead of TAKING money from charities. how can they make us feel guilty, when they take money from the charities! it just makes no sense!

sorry i just never thought they got paid.... thought they were doing it out of the goodness of there hearts...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭emmanuels-baby

i have been offered a job doing the same thing but i'm seriously anxious bout taking it! i'd never realized that those people got payed and it was only when i was asking about doing more hands on charity work(as in soup runs etc.. for free) that the girl told me that she's payed..the hours are good (9-6..mon to fri) but i dunno if i could stomach the actual hassling of the public especially when i'm getting paid myself.i mean, my concern for the charity is genuine(sure that's why i was asking in the 1st place) but i feel it would look like false passion if i'm being paid..
    has anyone any experience with this type of work and if so..any positive comments to reassure me..i'm a student and i do need the money..but i don't fancy selling my soul! (DRAMATIC!)

Advertisement