Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Fried Chicken

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I've spent many years perfecting the best chicken to use

Genetic engineering?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Surprisingly, the chicken in supermacs is quite good in my opinion

Yeah Supermacs do some good chicken. Pity, their chips are rank.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Yeah Supermacs do some good chicken. Pity, their chips are rank.

EVERYTHING else is rank in that place.The chicken is the only thing remotley good value.Dunne's stores in the stephen's green centre also do excellent fried chicken(in the oven) but it tends to sell out really quickly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Degsy wrote:
    EVERYTHING else is rank in that place.The chicken is the only thing remotley good value.Dunne's stores in the stephen's green centre also do excellent fried chicken(in the oven) but it tends to sell out really quickly.

Even the coke is pretty piss poor. How can you fúck up coke?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Just finished off a dinner box from The Hamburger Bar...absolutely delish! I'd love another one, only I've had a few beers so can't drive....not worth the walk I don't think, as I'd be in danger of burning off some calories!

• Advertisement

flanzer wrote:
    Just finished off a dinner box from The Hamburger Bar...absolutely delish! I'd love another one, only I've had a few beers so can't drive....not worth the walk I don't think, as I'd be in danger of burning off some calories!

They deliver you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Hmmm, the Kilbarrack Road seems like a worthwhile place to visit.
    KFC is decent enough, but one thing they do well is the hot wings. The batter is more spicy than the normal stuff, I'd take a bucket of hot wings, never mind the other stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Have to give another plus point to Hillbillies, their chicken is fantastic. Plan to visit all three (two in Cork I think and the one in Fairview) in one day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

The best fried chicken to be had is made by big 'ol baptist women folk in southern Indiana or Kentucky. "Baptist Manna" I call it. My great-grandma was one of those women. Dang, could she cook!

jonnybadd wrote:
    Have to give another plus point to Hillbillies, their chicken is fantastic. Plan to visit all three (two in Cork I think and the one in Fairview) in one day

Listen very carefully.On tuesdays hillbillys do TWO snackboxes for the price of one.All day.I was in there yesterday and gorged myself silly.I'm going back next tuesday and the one after that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Degsy wrote:
    Listen very carefully.On tuesdays hillbillys do TWO snackboxes for the price of one.All day.I was in there yesterday and gorged myself silly.I'm going back next tuesday and the one after that!
    2 snackboxes for the price of 1 ?? ZOMG!!1! :eek:
    I predict a trip to Fairview on Tuesday ... must reserve a bench in Fairview park for a post prandial nap. See you there Brothers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

molocas in enniscorthy
    worth the trip

Hill billies all the way
    Their gravy is delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Degsy wrote:

Only runs to 7pm on Tuesdays. Was in there this week. Had the combo meal with breast. Superb. The Colonel kisses Hillbillys balls.
    3 hot wings for €1.65, 10 for €5.25.

Advertisement